How the acoustic treatment can prevent the sound from metal/core bands?

lwfleng

I just rent a place to build my small studio, the place quite nice~
but the worst things I noticed after I paid the rental fee.... my neighbor (a band room next to my studio) is a metal/hardcore band and
the drummer of that metal/hardcore band always plays too loud~!

my studio's original decoration is all the walls cover with acoustic foam panels only (except the ceiling),

How can I do the acoustic treatment to prevent the "boom boom" sound from my neighbor?
Cuz sometimes I will use the microphone to record some demo, the "boom boom" sound will affect so much

Btw, I love metal/hardcore band sound, but I can't listen drum plays to the whole day...

thx everyone~

There's no easy way to soundproof a room unless you are prepared to build a complete structure inside the existing structure which is mounted on some kind of flexible isolation. You are probably going to have to find out when your neighbours aren't going to be playing and do your recording then.

You actually said it - treatment is about how it sounds inside. Insulation prevents outside getting in. The real solution is always mass and isolation. You're going to need a room within a room, or at very least isolation from the party wall. Not going to be cheap.

2 choices: Record when the metalhead is not playing. Find another place. Those practice rooms are not designed to be a good recording environment.

Put a 40x40x40 cm cardboard box on an old office chair next to the wall (or in the middle of the room, or whatever, who cares) and put some styrofoam in it.

;)

Egg cartons are probably more effective.

witzendoz: did you receive my message or is there some sort of technical problem? From here it just looks like it isn't working, no error messages or such.

apologies for the off-topic.

Nelson - spitzer is trying to come up with all sorts of 'novel' ways to isolate drums from another room. A cardboard box on a chair will not accomplish what you are asking.

To clear up all confusion, my post on this thread was simply a joke.

(...unfortunately it seems to be necessary to actually say that :--/)

To clear up all confusion, my post on this thread was simply a joke.

(...unfortunately it seems to be necessary to actually say that :--/)

Great - how is a newbie who doesn't know you or anything about acoustic treatments supposed to know that?

Back