Home Studio Guy Studio Rebuild Update Photos

homestudioguy

Photos below of things thus far....
Bob G.

Below is photo of "Command Central" ;)
As most here know, I designed and built the desk, the rack, the 6" deep wall mounted acoustic baffles, the supports for the OC703 panels.........
StudioFacingNW.jpg

Below is "Guitar Amp/Microphone Alley" as it is :laughings:
I actually broke down and bought :mad: 2 storage cabinets at Target.
StudioFacingSE.jpg

Below photo is looking straight on.
StudioFacingN.jpg

Below photo shows 2'X4' panels of Auralex foam that are attached to support units (that I designed and built of course :D ) of different depths to give a muti-layer effect. Got the idea from a photo on Auralex website!
AuralexMultiDepthPanelGroup.jpg

Thanks for your kind words.
I've spent some money, yes, but it's been done over a long period of time to acquire what I have.
The oldest piece of equipment (Yamaha 112 guitar amp) in the photos was bought in 1985? and it has been a slow progression ever since then.

I see you're a fan of sE mics :p How do you find them? I'm looking to invest in a handful more mics soon and thinking a sE1a pair and maybe the z5600a would do the trick.

I see you're a fan of sE mics :p How do you find them? I'm looking to invest in a handful more mics soon and thinking a sE1a pair and maybe the z5600a would do the trick.

In the UK, please contact:
James Young - Sales Director-
Mobile: 07967 601174
Email: james@sonic-distribution.com
and tell him Bob G. from Illinois sent you.

The Z5600A II is a nice mic.
I use my Z5600A (I) for most all my vocal work.
However, I prefer the SE4 over the SE1.
You can add capsules AND it's just a really damn good mic.

There are a lot of good mics in those price ranges and the Z5600A and SE4 are 2 of the good ones fer sher.

BobG.

What's with the tiled floors? I would have thought that's not something you would want...or do you?
A lot of different thoughts went into it but in a nutshell, we had the entire basement refinished and in that process, we decided to tile all the floors.
We could have done carpeting or wood but tile made the most sense in the larger scheme, part of which includes home re-sale should that possibility ever occur.
I hope to add a large decorative rug in the room at some point, however, with all of the R-25 internal wall and ceiling insullation, 9-inch thick walls, double layers of drywall, compressed fiberglass panels and so on, the tile floor does not make the room overly live.

Back