Hi forum, this is my first attempt at recording

dubsnack

Hi forum. I've been a lurker for a little while but this is my first post. I'm a drummer and my band is having our first attempt at recording some demos. The bassist owns a Digidesign and Pro Tools rig that we're using. So far we've recorded my drums and his basslines. Here's a couple pics of the mic setup we used on the drums. He did a direct in for the bass.

We're new... We're poor... etc.

Shure SM57 on the snare, AKG D112 on the kick, POS Nady kick mic on the floor toms, and a POS noname vocal mic overhead on the cymbals and rack tom.

Suggestions, comments, ridicule? :p

Wide:
drumdemo3.jpg

Side:
demodrum1.jpg

Overhead:
drumdemo2.jpg

Hi-Tech Kick Mic Stand: :rolleyes: :cool:
drumdemo4.jpg

Digi 002:
drumdemo5.jpg

why are you recording bass and drums first?....and why the fuck aren't you using two overheads? :mad:...any sound samples?

erm, this thread is almost a year old and was with a band that never came to be. Yuck, I still had those B8s in there too!

but more importantly, because I still used essentially the same process in the latest recording I did, why wouldn't I want bass and drums first?

dubsnack said:
erm, this thread is almost a year old and was with a band that never came to be. Yuck, I still had those B8s in there too!

but more importantly, because I still used essentially the same process in the latest recording I did, why wouldn't I want bass and drums first?
I need to start looking at the dates... :o

heres some shots from the last time I recorded

Attachments

• TGR Demo Recording 10 (Small).jpg
    TGR Demo Recording 10 (Small).jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 23
  • TGR Demo Recording 01 (Small).jpg
    TGR Demo Recording 01 (Small).jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 16
Back