Help regarding recording gears

harman90

Hi !
Firstly I would like to start with that ... I am total amateur in this field.

I have started doing vocal recordings as a freelancer. So in a way i need gears for home-recording.
For now I have computer with soundforge 10 and adobe audition.

My budget is nearly 200$ ! I need interface/preamp and Mic. So please suggest me some decent options.
Should I go for usb mic or would it be better to purchase interface and mIC differently as I don't need different channels.
I want noise-free , good quality recording.

Please also let me know the website where I can find gears, because I am in india and I probably would be asking friends to get it for me.
Thanks in advance.
Cheerz

Hi !
Firstly I would like to start with that ... I am total amateur in this field.

I have started doing vocal recordings as a freelancer. So in a way i need gears for home-recording.
For now I have computer with soundforge 10 and adobe audition.

My budget is nearly 200$ ! I need interface/preamp and Mic. So please suggest me some decent options.
Should I go for usb mic or would it be better to purchase interface and mIC differently as I don't need different channels.
I want noise-free , good quality recording.

Please also let me know the website where I can find gears, because I am in india and I probably would be asking friends to get it for me.
Thanks in advance.
Cheerz

How are you already doing recordings without and interface or mic/usb mic??

$200?? Well that is BARELY enough to buy a quality interface. Unless they have craigslist or an equivalent in India, Your only option is searching stores that offer used gear... Good luck!

I suggest saving up at about a grand if you really want to make noise free, good quality recordings.

Thank you for your view ! Yes I know , but Actually i am starting up my business ! SO i need start up gear !!

So can you suggest me the option to get best quality out of 200 bucks !!

Should I go for usb mic like At2020?
Can you suggest me online stores where I can get it at cheapest price ?

Forget usb microphones, get a usb audio interface and a real mic.

I like to shop at Thomann webstore, they will ship to India too I guess.

Thank you very much all for your replies!! I have asked this on other thread as well ... doing the same here

There are some combinations which i am copying from ebay! can you please let me know which one would be the best?
or if you can please suggest your own.

1. M-Audio FastTrack II USB Computer Audio Interface,w/AKG Perception 220 Mic
2. Focusrite Saffire PRO24 Firewire Audio Interface w/ MXL 440/441 Mics ( 299$)
(which seems like little out of my budgeT)
3. M-Audio FastTrack II USB Computer Audio Interface + PTSE w/ AT2020 Mic
4. Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 USB Recording Interface w/MXL 440/441 Mics (199$)
5. Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 USB Recording Interface w/MXL 440/441 Mics ( 250$)
6. Focusrite iTrack Solo - Audio Interface w/ Shure SM57 OR MIC REPLACED WITH "AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020"

THERE ARE 2 MORE INTERFACE WITH SAME COMBINATION : Tascam US-125M USB AND PreSonus AudioBox 44VSL

These all combinations are from seller from ebay ! I am not able to hyperlink because website didnt let me. So , sorry for that.
Can you please help me find best combination that could work for me on pc.

These all combinations are from seller from ebay ! I am not able to hyperlink because website didnt let me. So , sorry for that.
Can you please help me find best combination that could work for me on pc.

Google is your friend. Put the model numbers you posted into a google search and read the reviews and choose which would be best for your application and budget. The members of this forum can suggest things all day but that doesn't mean that we know what is best for you!

If you are too new to your situation to decide based on product reviews what is best for you, I suggest you google 'how to choose an audio interface' or something along those lines, or use the search in this forum...

OKay mate !!Actually you guys definately have more experience and knowledge. So it would be great to get your reviews abt poducts.

Anyway, I have searched around and have read good reviews about Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Portable USB Audio Interface !
can you suggest mic along with it ?

Back