Help needed: Stopping unwanted noise

Dags

Hi Homerecorders

Been building a bit of a studio space for myself in the new house - brick veneer outer wall and a second internal wall both filled with rockwool insulation, small air gap between them for sound dispersal and soundcheck plaster (resilient mounts in the ceiling) and Phon double glazing in the window.
Spent tens of thousands of dollars (Aus) to build something I have been dreaming of for 20 years and I have made certain that I am doing everything I can to get it right within the budget I have available.

My studio window is at ground level, there's no fences where we are and the high frequency noise of my arsehole neighbour's leaf blower cuts right through the double glazing (sliding sash - I needed to allow for ventilation in an otherwise entirely sealed room) making the room totally unuseable when he's out there chasing leaves around his yard.
My last resort is to get additional *secondary glazing* effectively making my windows triple glazed in order to keep the bloody neighbour's noise out of my studio, but it means spending even more money to try to give myself some peace and quiet in order to start recording.

So my question is this: Do I shove the leaf blower up his arse or wedge it in his throat? :D

Dags

Triple leaf is worse then double leaf. I could post a link if I had it but you'll have to take my word for it.

Pay somebody to sweep his yard intead of using a blower. Or do it yourself. Lawn blowers suck.

Back