Help to improve room acoustics

lgalimberti

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum.
I've recently started to produce electronic music.
I'm interested into buying my first audio monitors
Right now, I'm thinking to buy the Adam A7X. Can you give me few tips?:
Can these monitor be the right ones for my room?IMG_1654 copia.jpgView attachment IMG_1655 copia.jpg
If the answer is yes, how can I get the best sound without soundwawe refraction?
Thank you in advance, Lorenzo.

Adams are great speakers. You don't have a good space. Consider some decent headphones. Every hard surface corner in that room is going to bounce around sound (specially the low end) badly - including the little 'box' where your bed is.

Ditto what [MENTION=39487]mjbphotos[/MENTION] said about the space.

And, those speakers are large for that small of a space, especially as it is largely untreated. If you are going to use speakers, you should move the computer to the center of the wall - short wall might be marginally better, but doesn't look possible to rearrange the room. And then you really need to figure some way to damp reflections with treatment or some kind of very heavy covering maybe in the recessed area where the bed is located. (Or does it fold up and expose the mattress/underside so *that* could be used?) Trapping where the walls meet the ceiling and overhead "clouds" might help.

Thank you both mjbphotos and keith.rogers for the replies.
Unfortunately, you're right, it's impossibile to change the room dispositions and no, the bed doesn't fold up.
If I place sound absorbing panels:
in the recessed area both in the blue wall and both in the lateral part of the two wardrobe;
where the walls meet the ceiling (you mean in front of my position or behind me, where the blue wall ends and the upper wardrobe starts?);
behind the speakers, maybe using trap bass,
can I use speakers without problem?
Also, what are overhead clouds?

Yeah...I have to agree with the above. 7 inch monitors are not going to work well in that room......and I'm not sure if any speakers will. perhaps think about 5 inch monitors and a set of reference headphones that can serve you better......such as the Sennheiser HD600. They've been an industry standard for mixing for some time and the price has fallen on them recently. A cheaper set of closed headphones will be needed if you're planning any mic work.

Back