help on DIY vocal booth build

aduan

HI I am new here , I want to build a vocal booth in my control room to record some voice ,I search many plan and find www.dawbox.com 's 4*4*7 booth can fit in my small control room and I want to build one like this .

As the booth is placed in the control room, I worry about the soundproof, I want to use one 1.2cm gypsum --5cm mineral wool---two 1.2cm gypsum as the wall. and on inside wall of the booth I will stick acoustics foam on it.

Is that enough ? if not , what should I do to improve the soundproof ?

Thanks !

Use a quality dynamic and forgo the vocal booth. I record all my vocals without headphones right there in the control room. The bleed is negligible, and I can hear 10x better.

Use a quality dynamic and forgo the vocal booth. I record all my vocals without headphones right there in the control room. The bleed is negligible, and I can hear 10x better.

True there are times more likely that you don't need a booth. Most of the thoughts of needing a booth come from movies/media and promotional advertisement.

:cool:

I also record right in my control room, I use closed back headphones though. But i get a much flatter sound at my work studio in the vocal booth. If you are doing voice overs a vocal booth is a must but with a bunch of music and stuff in the mix a good dynamic does the trick a lot of the time. Also if you need to come back a different day and retake something you might have to start over if you don't have a studio booth because it is hard to match that "noise" that was in the first take.

I also record right in my control room, I use closed back headphones though. But i get a much flatter sound at my work studio in the vocal booth. If you are doing voice overs a vocal booth is a must but with a bunch of music and stuff in the mix a good dynamic does the trick a lot of the time. Also if you need to come back a different day and retake something you might have to start over if you don't have a studio booth because it is hard to match that "noise" that was in the first take.

noise in the first take??

:cool:

Maybe for voiceover. With a rock band? No problem at all.

Back