Got Carpet!

longsoughtfor

Searching for the sound
We had the carpet installed last Friday in two of the rooms. The third room will be a wood floor.

Getting close...

Cheers
Kevin.

Attachments

• ctoa_small.jpg
    ctoa_small.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 162
Looks like your studio's coming along quite nicely......did you use padding and if so how thick? Most studios I've been in with carpet have been pretty much hard as a rock.

Looks good man!

Your almost done. When do you think I can take a look in person if you don't mind.

Regards,

Luis.

Last edited:
I hate you!:D
I'm barely starting construction, weather and inspections have delayed my project.
It's surging forward, but just barely.

Kevin, could you post a close up picture of the sliding glass doors where they meet the floor?
I'd like to see how you did the thresh-hold. I have an idea of how I'm going to do mine, but I'd like to see what you did. If you don't mind.

......did you use padding and if so how thick?

There is a felt pad about a half an inch thick. I had thought about just having it glued down but opted not to.

Michael - I'll get a close up of between the doors. It is just carpet on th esame level as the rest. The carpet bridges the gap in the floor but since we walk through the narrow part, I dont expect any problems.

Luis - What time do you go by Westford at night? Thursday of this week (1/9/02) is OK with me.

Thanks
Kevin.

longsoughtfor said:

Luis - What time do you go by Westford at night? Thursday of this week (1/9/02) is OK with me.

Thanks
Kevin.

1/9/02 sounds good to me. I usually go by Westford around 6:15 pm but let me know what's a good time for you.

Cheers,

Luis.

Thanks Kevin.
Very cool!
So you just put the thresholds in per manufacturer's specification.
You didn't "sink" them into the slab or anything?

Does the isolation work well?
How thick is the glass?
Are they double pane?

So you just put the thresholds in per manufacturer's specification.
You didn't "sink" them into the slab or anything?

Right I have a floating plywood floor so I just put them on top.

Isolation is good.

I don't remember the glass thickness but they are double paned.

They are mid range sliders ~$600 each... you can go nuts and get up $2000 each for sliders but that was just not in my budget.

Kevin.

longsoughtfor said:

They are mid range sliders ~$600 each... you can go nuts and get up $2000 each for sliders but that was just not in my budget.

Kevin.
Mine either!
I'm looking at something very similar, right in the same price range, so its good to know they are working out well.
Thanks again for all your help!

Back