GOBO demo video (not mine!)

keith.rogers

Saw this on a Telecaster forum. Now, the room is really large, so not "home" recording typical, and these are pretty beefy panels (double-thickness Safe'n'Sound), but I think it shows pretty well how treatment and its placement can tame a common problem, and do it without a purpose-built vocal booth. (Opinions may vary, of course.)

Movable Panel (GOBO) - Vocal Booth Test - YouTube

Thanks for Sharing! I'm glad the video is getting so many views and interest.

They are some beefy panels I used a full package of Safe and Sound for each of the wider ~4ft panels and one package to do the narrower ~2ft wide panels. They work well as first reflection panels as well, it's nice to move them around as I track or mix as it is a one room studio.

I've made a similar test with the same GOBO panels moving them around my room for mixing.

Check it out and let me know what you think. I can't post links yet but check on YouTube for RedTone Studio "Will absorption panels help your mix"

I like the room's sound at the start, but that can be added back later. I couldn't hear much difference between front/rear or front + rear screening, but the blanket made a noticeable difference to my ears.

I really like that these are quite mobile. I've got some unframed, freestanding sections of Roxul in my bedroom studio, the largest (right now) is 46" x 36", of which I'm making similar use - placing in V-patterns.. and plugging up window openings.

You've got a great voice, BTW.

Back