FREE New baby grand piano

moresound

Loud Sun Studios
Just had to post my good fortune ....
someone I know has to move but can't take their baby grand piano with them and said "hey you have a studio ....you want it?"
One hour later there we where with the truck and now it's set up in the live room.
Man it looks sweet sitting there.
Now just have to have it tuned after the move.
A free baby grand for the studio.
It doesn't get any better than that!! :cool::cool:

Congrats on the new free piano.

I'd let it aclimate to the room for a few weeks before calling the tech.

Wow -- I remember when my wife and I were first living together (in sin, I guess) we bought an upright for $100 and with a bunch (like *8*) friends, moved it into our apartment. When we were moving out, we were aware that a couple friend of ours was moving in, and the guy could, um, actually play the piano, so we just left it there. After moving it in, I was only to happy to leave it behind :)

Yeah man...a baby grand is sweeeet! :drunk:
I was always on the verge of getting one for my place...but instead I stayed with a small studio upright just to save up on the space.

One thing though...if you don't want to end up just using it as a fancy coffee table ;) ...be prepared to have a piano tuner on-tap, as you will probably need to tune it up before every recording session, unless you are doing them back-to-back.

For playing, you can get away with less frequent tuning, but for recording, even if it's just a shade out...it's enough to be a PITA. :(

You know what really hurts? I had to turn down an identical deal because there isn't enough room in the studio for it. I even considered knocking out a wall. Congrats.-Richie

You know what really hurts? I had to turn down an identical deal because there isn't enough room in the studio for it. I even considered knocking out a wall. Congrats.-Richie

Way to many "lucky bastards" I feel to respond to everyone so here is a big THANKS to all.

Richard you should have our problem with space.....several rooms and our live room is 100x100 two stories high!! :eek: :cool:

miroslav and M1Fantasic We have 3 or 4 piano tuners within 15 mins. of the studio. My question is what is proper etiquette with tuning. pass the expense on to the artist or have the studio eat the expense?

Chili I almost posted this in every heading, I was so pumped, but thought that this was probably the best one to do it in other wise you'd be on my *ss :spank::spank::spank::spank:

So where's the pics mister. :mad::D
Congrats ya lucky bastid. :drunk:

Well not only are we a recording studio, we are a live sound company and we are up to our eye balls with that as well as the studio work. :D :cool: :D
As soon as I can geter done I'll post some pics, but for now use your minds eye.

BTW Dogbreath what is that as your avatar? is it a sock puppet?

Back