Flooring options for one room studio.

Pacifica604w

Guys,

My recording space right now has carpeting but underneath it is hardwood flooring. I've heard two different stories on what sounds best. What do you guys think??? Carpet or no carpet??

Pacifica604w

It really depends on the treatment of the rest of the room. Hardwood floors are great for acoustic things like gongas and acc guitars etc. but if your room is already bright acoustically it might be tooo much to add a bright floor.

cheers
john

The carpet is going to stay. I don't have any accoustical treatments in the room (yet). So far, all the instruments I'm using go direct into my sound card. My accoustic guitar has electronics in it also and thats what I use for recording it.

I don't have any accoustical treatments in the room (yet).

Then perhaps you should look at adding some acoustic treatment.
The carpet will be absorbing some of the highs, but you will also need some low/low-mid treatment.

Check out This Site

cheers
JOhn

John. Based on the picture I have included, can you make some accoustic treatment recommendations? Is the closet (which is to my back when mixing) going to cause some problems??

Attachments

• room.jpg
    room.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 116
well if you filled the closet with clothes it would act like a bass trap which would be advantageous. :) Keep the doors open or take them off completely.

cheers
JOhn

John. There are no clothes in the closet. I store guitar cases and some computer equipment in there. Do I have any other alternatives?? If I were to construct a bass trap, where would it have to go?

Back