Finishing building basement - sound dampening

the only people who see money falling from trees are the landscapers like the ones who were just here at my house yesterday :D

the only people who see money falling from trees are the landscapers like the ones who were just here at my house yesterday :D

You gotta get out there, buddy...get some fresh air, and save some money. ;)

Get a blower and a rake...pile them up, rake them onto a tarp, haul them to the back of the yard and let them return to nature.
That's how I've been doing it for years...and man, I get a LOT of leaves. It's my property has a lot of trees on all sides.

.21 acre lot, no place to put leaves to let them rot. gotta haul them away. with one eye, I'd be out there from sun up to sun down for several weeks after the last ones have fallen just trying to find them all.

.21 acre lot, no place to put leaves to let them rot. gotta haul them away. with one eye, I'd be out there from sun up to sun down for several weeks after the last ones have fallen just trying to find them all.

With that small a yard, and probably not a whole lot of leaves (I'm thinking compared to my place, surrounded by woods, and plenty of trees on my property)...
...just mulch them with your mower.

I do a the rough clean up with the blower and rake for the huge leaf piles I get (you can't see any grass when they are all down...ankle deep)...
...but with a lighter layer of leaves, I just run my mower with the mulch flap closed and end up with a clean lawn, no leaves.

When it comes to mowing and leaf clean-up....I wish I had a .21 acre lot! :D

LOL, gave my mower away, can't see well enough to mow the grass and walk in a straight line behind the machine. real shame because I used to love to maintain a lawn that looked like a mini MLB outfield. can't mow worth a sou anymore

It’s better for the environment to just leave the damn thing where they fall. Course, I don’t have a neighborhood association breathing down my neck.

I leave the ones in the wooded parts...but a couple of inches of leaves on the grass will just rot and kill the grass...plus I have a bunch of garden areas, and if I don't clean those out, it's a mess come spring when the new stuff starts coming up through the rotting leaves. A little bit of mulch is good, but not the amount I get in the fall.

Really...all I'm doing is moving them off the lawn, and dumping them in the wooded area out back.

Patience.
I just wait and let the prevailing winds do most of the work while everyone else is bagging up like crazy.
Makes clean up a lot easier later in the season.

G

Patience.
I just wait and let the prevailing winds do most of the work while everyone else is bagging up like crazy.
Makes clean up a lot easier later in the season.

G

Oh I agree...I don't start until the leaves are down.
Some of my neighbors start blowing leaves in early October...:facepalm:...every day they clean up the new leaves that fell...and tomorrow, they're back again! :D
I would usually be just starting about now, but this season we had a pretty good storm last weekend, and it took down about 95% of them, so the last couple of days I decided to get going with them...plus, we now have this arctic blast, and I'm glad I got most of the leave done a couple of days ago.
We'll get a 2-day break Sun/Mon...then the second, even colder artic blast comes on Tuesday. So I'll finish up the leaves before that hits us.

Not to mention...I've this studio build if full swing now, along with a bunch of other stuff I'm doing in the rest of my house...so this year, getting the leaves out of the way quick, was important.
Funny you mention the wind...so with the arctic blast today we got some wind too, which made it even colder, but it also blew a bunch of leaves around again...not bad, but I'll do a quick pass with the blower. You can't always count on the wind helping you. Last year twice I had to go back and re-clean my yard, because the winds blew in more leaves from the woods. :mad:

Does the fabric back of the sound absorption panel also need to be breathable like the front?

Without getting into some of the more specialized types of traps that have membranes or very specific uses...the simple answer is yes, use a breathable cloth on both sides.
Sometimes when traps are going to hung on a wall with only a 2"-4" gape from the wall (or ceiling)...people don't bother putting any cloth on the back (even some ready-made traps come like that)...but if you are going to see the back, or you want more flexibility in that you can move the traps around...for esoteric reasons, you would want to wrap both sides.

Back