Filling Quik Lok BS-336 Monitor Stands with Sand

silentsky

I just bought a pair of Quik Lok BS-336 Monitor Stands. On their website and in the instructions, it says you can fill the vertical columns with sand to help make the stand heavier and to help decouple the monitors from the floor. The problem is, there aren't any end caps on the vertical columns to keep the sand from running out. I was just wondering--does anyone else own these stands, and did they come with end caps? Or am I missing something else here?

Just cut some wood plugs and glue them in... ? The sand will definitely help by keeping the speakers from moving and adding a rigid non-oscillating base. I also suggest using tip-toes with the stands.
Cheers,
John

In my home theater I filled the base beneath the subwoofer with sand for this exact reason. I'd call the company, they may made plugs for your stands.

Cutting some wooden cubes and gluing them in might work. I don't think a trash bag would work because the vertical posts are so small (maybe 1.5" x 2"), the bag would bunch up too much. But it seems really strange that the manufacturer would recommend filling them with sand when there's no easy way to do it. :confused:

I've decided to just squirt some expanding foam in the end of the tube and try it out. That should give me a good seal that won't let the sand leak out of the bottom.

Back