Dreaming again....

thane1200

Medicated Member
So, I'm about to move into a rent-free environment 'rents house. :eek:

This has come about do to hard times=vehicle accident. Now My fiance` and I are starting to save money for our OWN PLACE the we can OWN!

This has inevitably led me to start daydreaming about my STUDIO. I have a few questions:

Given this general design, what areas would need the most bass trapping? I'm concernd about behind the couch area; where I'm not sure about those "corners."

I'm also concerned about first reflections given the distance from the fron t wall; should I move the desk further back into the room?

Thanx for any help guys, this WILL happen someday; hopefully next spring.

Attachments

• control.jpg
    control.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 104
From what I have researched Thane the ideal listening position, which is where your ears will be is 38 percent into the room!
Also you will find your lines drawn emitting from your speakers may not be the true path the sound waves are emitted. If you draw a line from either side of the speaker cone this will be a better assesment of your first reflection lines. In other words your first reflections will hit the wall closer to where you will be sitting than where your lines show.

If you check out the link below under room design and layout: Creating a reflection zone, it shows you diagrams of what I am trying to convey in words!

I don't know if you have checked this site out but it is very useful!

http://www.ethanwiner.com/acoustics.html

I hope this helps!

Last edited:
Personally, I think your walls are angled incorrectly. You want to angle away from the mix position, not towards it. If you flip your setup 180 degrees so that your mix position is at the bottom and your sofa is at the top it will be more correct as far as providing a reflection free zone goes. Otherwise, it looks fine to me. Somewhere over on the Realtraps site Ethan has a single room design that is very similar to your overall shape and size that could be used as a guideline.

Good luck,
Darryl.....

Gorty said:
From what I have researched Thane the ideal listening position, which is where your ears will be is 38 percent into the room!
Also you will find your lines drawn emitting from your speakers may not be the true path the sound waves are emitted. If you draw a line from either side of the speaker cone this will be a better assesment of your first reflection lines. In other words your first reflections will hit the wall closer to where you will be sitting than where your lines show.

If you check out the link below under room design and layout: Creating a reflection zone, it shows you diagrams of what I am trying to convey in words!

I don't know if you have checked this site out but it is very useful!

http://www.ethanwiner.com/acoustics.html

I hope this helps!

The above post should read: Room Design and Layout: Creating a Reflection FREE Zone.

Back