Do i need an audio interface for my listening?

You're missing the drift a bit - the UCA202 is a 'decent' interface and it just has a limited feature set, that's all. Don't get thinking it's poor quality and when you buy something else there will be a huge difference. Many interface swaps to more expensive ones leave people wondering what happened, as in they hear nothing! There usually are differences, but they are a little like when you buy new more expensive tyres for your car. You KNOW they're better, but it's difficult!

You're missing the drift a bit - the UCA202 is a 'decent' interface and it just has a limited feature set, that's all. Don't get thinking it's poor quality and when you buy something else there will be a huge difference. Many interface swaps to more expensive ones leave people wondering what happened, as in they hear nothing! There usually are differences, but they are a little like when you buy new more expensive tyres for your car. You KNOW they're better, but it's difficult!

+1! I read a report from an "audiophile type" a few years ago who found the UCA 202 a bit of a 'giant killer'. He had all the graphs and ***t to prove it! Said the wee box makes an excellent HI-FI D to A to feed a classy system.

Dave.

Back