Designing a layout for a 40m2 studio

tarmelim

ADVISE...HELP...IDEAS....

I am converting a workshop space of 40m2 into a studio space and wanting to get best setup for the space.

Originally I had a third of the room as a dedicated control room but now thinking that 1 - the control is too small still (have 48 channel analog desk) reflections etc and 2 - the live room is too small. Very tight fit for even a small band.

So, have thought just have the one main room with a isolation booth in one of the corners big enough to fit in a kit. This saves much more space but obviously makes it hard to track live.

Ideally I would like 40m2 for live space and 30m2 for control but it is what it is and I need to make it work.

Any advise/thoughts be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tj

What are the actual dimensions? A diagram showing doors, windows, etc would be helpful. Keeping it all one big room is the best answer, and use movable gobos made with rockwool to help isolate the drum kit.

40 m2 is actually very usable, my recording room is about 30m2 and control room about 18 m2, I had to do this layout due to the building it was being built within, however I sometimes think that I should have had it the other way round. The large recording room is handy when recording say most of a band together.

I would be thinking 50-50 but it depends if you are recording bands or just 1 thing at a time.

Alan

Back