Corner Bass Traps Must Be 4'' Thick

oh, btw, heres something for you ITB people.:D And here you thought digital was the name of the game.:laughings:

is.php

Now, where did I put those 2 new reels of Ampex 456...god I love the smell of a new reel of tape.:D Nothing like watching 2 synched 16 trak reels turn either. :p

is.php

is.php

I STILL love analog.
:D

Well, THAT's just a depressing/inspiring thread.
Well, like I said...a little dose of reality checks goes a loooooooong way.;) At least I tried to show what the REAL DEAL is, regardless of all the digital hooopla bullshit tells you. In fact, take a gander at the REAL world of digital wannabes and all their problems.:rolleyes:

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-computers

especially those who bought into the i7 9xx x58 combo thinking it was the saviour of digital audio. Hahahahahahahahahaha!:rolleyes:

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-computers/520449-anyone-ever-seen.html

:D I love it. Wait till you read the
EVGA motherboard revolt. :p

Well, gotta go pack up two Counter rollers for the MSR's to send to Terrys Rollers for restoration.
http://www.terrysrubberrollers.com/
Can't wait for em to come back. Brand new capstans too. Just had all the main caps redone in both the M3700 board and the MSR's..finally. :cool: damn, its been a long time comin. No deep pockets here.:rolleyes: Just keep punchin away till its done. :D

I kind of follow your logic, but let's take it a step further. If you've ever been in a warehouse or storage area for steel, you'll know that it's generally a pretty noisy place.

Now let's examine a place were people store and read books - the library. Very quiet.

So obviously the books would do a better job. :laughings:

Even though you were joking, full bookcases make dandy bass traps. So do couches. I mix in my living room, a little furniture rearrangement, I get a dual-purpose room, and have access to my home theater and PC for testing mixes.

ummm, I beg to differ with you. They may offer a modicum of absorption at higher frequencies , but offset books in a bookcase mostly offer diffusion..although I wouldn't try to measure it. If someone has lab tests to prove me wrong, I'll happily eat my words.:D

I'll sniff around later, read it from somebody who ought to know. Seems to work, although I don't have an acoustics lab handy.

Now let's examine a place were people store and read books - the library. Very quiet.
btw, librarys are quiet...because theres no NOISE...like talking.:rolleyes: Go into a very large old library, and the slightest talking reverberates all over the place. Modern librarys with low ceilings that have grid absorbtion, and lateral rows of bookracks placed at 90 degrees act as diffusing elements ..which allow absorption by virtue of diffraction. Still, the librarys are quiet..because no one is talking.:rolleyes:;)

I kind of follow your logic, but let's take it a step further. If you've ever been in a warehouse or storage area for steel, you'll know that it's generally a pretty noisy place.

So obviously the books would do a better job. :laughings:

I actually thought you were joking !

Even though you were joking, full bookcases make dandy bass traps. So do couches.

No, they definitely don't...though couches are a bit better. Bookcases full of books are terrible from an absorption and a diffusion standpoint, though give the stark choice they'll beat an empty wall much of the time.

Back