Control room window

Hey don't forget about me!. I'm in the slow pain-staking task of converting part of my basement into a iso-vocal booth replete with over-head mics. I'm doin' this all by myself(and sometimes with my 6yr daughter too!),But it's more fun when a coupla' fella's come over Fri nites and we get drunk thinking up ways to design the iso-drummer booth!
I finished the control room a while back,and will post some pics ASAP!.
D@mn, you guys make this sound like fun! (I know,I sound like a 42 yr old kid!)And it is!
Peace.

P.S. Brian you just gave me some new ideas!

MISTERQCUE said:
Hey don't forget about me!. I'm in the slow pain-staking task of converting part of my basement into a iso-vocal booth replete with over-head mics. I'm doin' this all by myself(and sometimes with my 6yr daughter too!),But it's more fun when a coupla' fella's come over Fri nites and we get drunk thinking up ways to design the iso-drummer booth!
I finished the control room a while back,and will post some pics ASAP!.
D@mn, you guys make this sound like fun! (I know,I sound like a 42 yr old kid!)And it is!
Peace.

P.S. Brian you just gave me some new ideas!

What?... What did I do? :) What ideas did I give you? I'm confused...

You mentioned that you seem like a 42 year old kid... well there's no better way to fee like a kid than to see your dreams come to life. I love this stuff!

John Sayers said:
Had to deal with the chippies today(carpenters to you in the US) - I don't know, you spend weeks and days drawing all the plans in detail but they reckon they know it all and you say - "you are supposed to have insulation in the cavity between the upper flat and the plasterboard" Oh they say! we thought you didn't - It's in the F...K.. Plan - why don't you look at it once in a awhile!!!!! they don't seem to realise how complex a studio is - do have this problem Brian and BigKahuna??

Heheh John ... I was my own carpenter ... but it's still true ... I had NO IDEA how complex a studio is and I thought I knew everything. :)

OK guys - I have the web space and can make the web pages so we can all put them up - email your photos to me with the rave you want to put with them (hey and introduce yourself a bit) and I'll put them up and the guys at the BBS can watch our progress....I'll post the link when its up and going - cool Dragon?? :D

anyway my server is faster hehe

[Edited by John Sayers on 09-13-2000 at 04:57]

John Sayers said:
OK guys - I have the web space and can make the web pages so we can all put them up - email your photos to me with the rave you want to put with them (hey and introduce yourself a bit) and I'll put them up and the guys at the BBS can watch our progress....I'll post the link when its up and going - cool Dragon?? :D

anyway my server is faster hehe

[Edited by John Sayers on 09-13-2000 at 04:57]

I guess that means I should get scanning! I do have aboug 75megs of webspace on my webpage I could put my photos on. I"m NO good with HTML though... I can e-mail them to you, you can post them or whatnot, and you can link to my webpage also... it's my band's webpage. How does that sound?
What do you mean by "rave"?

Brian if you've got 75meg of space on a US server it would be much better to put it on your site - you need to send me the FTP address of your site with the username and password. I can then access the site and upload the pages into a new site called???.:D

oh rave means describe the pictures

John Sayers said:
Brian if you've got 75meg of space on a US server it would be much better to put it on your site - you need to send me the FTP address of your site with the username and password. I can then access the site and upload the pages into a new site called???.:D

oh rave means describe the pictures

Ok, I'll get you that info, I'll e-mail it to you.
I'm such a mooch, I have to go to my parents' house to scan the pictures :) I havn't gotten around to gettting my own scanner yet, plus they're on vacation for a week.

I have to warn you, I'm a hack at HTML programming. I know as much about HTML programming as a cat knows how to play a violin. I know how to use an editor put a picture here or there, but we had to pay a friend to make our website for us, which we weren't entirely happy with in the end. I'll try to keep up with whatever you ask for though.

I thought this thread was dead for a couple days there before you replied to my last message... wheew... :D

Later,
-Brian

I bought 1 of those Fuji disposable cameras .I'm gonna take
"Before" and "After" pics. So r we sending these pics to Brian or John?

to me MisterQcue - I'll create a website and upload it to Brian's site and post the link in this board. You must send me the password etc Brian.
Cheers - hey I still don't know what to call it :D

John Sayers said:
to me MisterQcue - I'll create a website and upload it to Brian's site and post the link in this board. You must send me the password etc Brian.
Cheers - hey I still don't know what to call it :D

So we should all send our pics to you? Or should I just put mine in my images directory at my web space?

I'll get you the password and everything you need to get into my site.

I just scanned 18 pictures last night which show the progress the best. With every picture I'll have a description of what's going on in it.

A name for the website... How about... "The Best Studios of 2000!" :) haha.

John Sayers said:
we could put an 'a' in it
The beast Studios of 2000! :D

I'm going to start a new thread with links to my pictures. You can do whatever you want with them John, for making the website or whatever. I hope you're not disapointed with the pics. We can't exactly get great camera angels...

Back