control room 14x12

I've got this room cleaned out and I'm about to get started. This is a very straight forward room and I've completed a more challenging shaped room in the past so this should rather smoothly.
I plan to build this room with no budget so at best it should be a show of cost effective home studio design. Hopefully.

I've got this room cleaned out and I'm about to get started. This is a very straight forward room and I've completed a more challenging shaped room in the past so this should rather smoothly.
I plan to build this room with no budget so at best it should be a show of cost effective home studio design. Hopefully.
How are you going to get total isolation with no budget? A control room needs to be sound-proofed from the tracking room for it to have any reason to even exist, no?

I'm just asking.

Here is a 12'x13.5' control room with a high ceiling. Nothing too fancy but the peak ceiling (vaulted) is about 9-6": cloud over mix position (unseen), treatment behind monitors and on the back wall, bass traps in corners and treatment floor to wall every 2' o.c.(unseen).

Attachments

• room_lookingnorthwest.jpg
    room_lookingnorthwest.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 59
  • SoundChamber 1.jpg
    SoundChamber 1.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 51
  • vault_ceiling.jpg
    vault_ceiling.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 58
The plan is to build this cost effectively, (that's what I mean by no budget). We built our house last year and the money tree is bare but I have leftover construction supplies and I'll grab more supplies every payday, what I call the nickel and dime approach.

My room dimensions are actually 14.4' x 11.5' with a door centered on the short wall. I'm assuming its probably better for mixing if the spkrs point across the longest span.

Back