condensed fiberglass info/where to buy thread

+1 to the original post for Paragon Pacific Insulation in Tukwila, WA. Excellent service, very knowledgeable, lotta options!

18270 Segale Park Drive B, Tukwila, WA, 98188-4732. Phone: (253) 872-0800

I just ordered some Rocksilk RS45 from Insulation Direct 2 U. Search . I got 5 pieces of 2' x 4' x 4" and 10 pieces of 2' x 4' x 2" for about £66 delivered.

After searching around a while, I found that even with the £25 + VAT delivery charge, they worked out around the same price as shops I would have to drive an hour or more to.

Other suppliers have cheaper prices, but I found they had a minimum purchase threshold (£200 or £500, I saw) or just didn't have any of it. Other suppliers still have cheaper delivery charges, but much higher item prices.

I reckon you could find it cheaper, especially if you live near a supplier, but I found I didn't have to patience to search any longer. This company are based in the Birmingham area.

Hey, deep,
Is there any chance you could do a follow up on that stuff? Even a before/after vocal test or something if you wanna show off?

I'm thinking of picking some up but I'd love to hear how you get on with it.

Hey, roo,

Now, I'm not much of a show off when it comes to vocals - I'm not good enough for that!

I'm planning to put panels up in early reflection positions and in the back corners (relative to my mix position) - will this have much effect on vocal recording, which I do up by the wall perpendicular to the mix position (look here for detail and pictures https://homerecording.com/bbs/gener...w-space-what-about-acoustic-treatment-341394/)? I use a reflexion filter thing that came bundled with my mic - but I don't know how much effect that has.

I'll give it a try for you, though. It might be some time before I can scrounge some wood and get round to building the frames, though - we've got a baby on the way and I'm supposed to be sanding and painting a cot.

Lowes carries Roxul at a good price($40 for 40 Lbs.) they are of varying thickness, width and density but all come in bags equally to about 40 pounds. And you can get them delivered to any Lowes in the country.

Rigid Fiberglass in Windsor, Ontario, Canada

In case anyone in Windsor, Ontario, Canada is looking to find any OC703 or OC705, you can get it at Winroc. 3215 Electricity Dr Windsor, ON N8W 5J1 (519) 974-8855

I've been searching high and low and talked to EVERY single Owens Corning dealer in the area. No one wants, nor is capable of ordering this stuff in. I got lucky with Winroc, as they had a shipment coming in soon and they tacked a couple bundles of the 705 onto their shipment for me. So, yes it's still special order, but I paid nothing for shipping. For one (1) bundle of four 2" thick OC705 panels (plain facing) 2'x4', it was $60 before tax. Not bad!

Happy trapping! :D

+1 Kamco 2 inch 2x4 oc703 panels $96 for 12 in Alexandria VA anyway, that's pretty much double what you get for $96 on atsacoustics with shipping.

I have a question. I'll be buying a Roxul rockwool board with a density of 50kg/m3 and dimensions of 4" x 2' x 4'. Will the density of 50kg/m3 be "ok" for the use in bass trap/sound absorption? TIA

Denver, CO supplier

I bought some 2" Knauf boards for 9 bucks a pop at SPI Insulation in Denver, saved me a ton of $ vs ordering on line- It's also a national chain and may have a branch in your area. Won't let me link cause I'm new so google SPI Insulation

Anyone have updates on where to get the OC703/705 or even SafeNSound in the New England area? Only need enough for four 2'x4' bass traps. Neither Lowes or Home Depot (online) come up with anything available, the one other place shown in an earlier page in this thread hasn't responded to my inquiry (I'm guessing their minimum order from Roxul precludes it).

Anyone have updates on where to get the OC703/705 or even SafeNSound in the New England area? Only need enough for four 2'x4' bass traps. Neither Lowes or Home Depot (online) come up with anything available, the one other place shown in an earlier page in this thread hasn't responded to my inquiry (I'm guessing their minimum order from Roxul precludes it).

Bueller? Anyone?

Bueller? Anyone?

I would try finding HVAC suppliers, that's the same business as the SPI guys. Any of these companies should be able to help you out even with a small order. They do small orders often for renovations and the like. They might not have the exact product you're looking for but they should have similar products. A lot of places in the US don't stock Safe'N'Sound. Lowes usually has it though, and if not they might be able to special order a bag for you.
SPI is typically referenced, you might try giving them a call instead of emailing?

I would try finding HVAC suppliers, that's the same business as the SPI guys. Any of these companies should be able to help you out even with a small order. They do small orders often for renovations and the like. They might not have the exact product you're looking for but they should have similar products. A lot of places in the US don't stock Safe'N'Sound. Lowes usually has it though, and if not they might be able to special order a bag for you.
SPI is typically referenced, you might try giving them a call instead of emailing?

None of them are interested in supplying a small amount like I need. I don't have the budget or need for $200+ of insulation.

I lost the following link, but thanks to someone who posted it elsewhere, here it is again.
Acoustic Panels by ATS Acoustics

For me, looks like the flexible Roxul AFB (2") is the least expensive way to go - I'll build my own 4" x 2' x 4' frames, double it up and cover it. For 6 panels, it'll cost me just $72 (plus shipping) plus wood and cloth.

In Chicago and suburbs there is a place called Reinke Supply that can get OC703. They sell it by the case containing 12 pieces of 2"x24"x48" for about $100. I was originally going to order from an Amazon store selling boxes of the same size but only containing 6 pieces for $66 + $38 shipping. Obvioulsy, I went with getting twice as much for the same price lol

Back