Cabling

sbcgroup2

I need to run cabling for my studio.

I want to use mogami wiring w/switchcraft connectors, etc.

I need to know of a good place to purchase snakes and recepticle boxes or have someone build them for me, etc.

If there is a better way to maintain signal integrity (ie. going fiberoptic or some other sort of digital medium), please let me know.

I basically want to plug in all the drum mics (10) in one location and the guitar/bass mics (4) in another location, and vocal mics (2) in another. Digital I/O's for keyboards, etc may be cool to have too.

Please advise and recommend.

Thanks!

sbc

I use Mogami and Neutrik conectors(Better than Switchcraft in my opinion).

I have bought Neutriks for Partsexpress.com before.
Now I buy from a local place in MN known to us as ACME. (aeielectronicscenter.com)

As far as mogami goes I also buy from a local store but have seen it on froogle and other sites. Do a search and you will find a bunch of diferent grades and prices.

I asume when you say "If there is a better way to maintain signal integrity (ie. going fiberoptic or some other sort of digital medium)".
You have digital I/O on your equipement?

As far as coaxal spdif stuff I have seen folks use jsut cable(video type).
I use it in my setup and digital patches.
I am not sure if it realy ok to use but it seems to be working fine for now.

Laters

-Blaze

I checked out those websites.

I guess what I need are neutrik xlr female wall plates (one 10 input, one 4 input, one 2 input which would then be merged into a 16 channel recepticle in the control room which would then go into the mixer.

I just want to know how the pros do it...it seems that with all these connections, signal integrity is compromised, etc.

How do you all have it in your studios? How do you run your lines from each spot to the control room?

-sbc

sbcgroup2 said:
I checked out those websites.

I guess what I need are neutrik xlr female wall plates (one 10 input, one 4 input, one 2 input which would then be merged into a 16 channel recepticle in the control room which would then go into the mixer.

I just want to know how the pros do it...it seems that with all these connections, signal integrity is compromised, etc.

How do you all have it in your studios? How do you run your lines from each spot to the control room?

-sbc
I will get back to you with a quote for your input panel/ laser etched neutric chassis mount jacks in a wall plate if you are interested. I sell them and will ship anywhere. I have them custom made froom whirlwind. As far as mogami cable You need bulk mic cable. ITS$$$ if you can live with belden or canare I can also get any one of those as well as mogami
Use neutrik ends as someone had mentioned (much better than switchcraft)
I sell those as well if you are interested in any of this let me know

Back