Building stage of a mini-studio, for instrumental-production.

Bad Name

Unfortunately, I dont have alot of space to work with. Id say the dimensions are about, width to length 6x10. A very small area to construct in probably, its all I have so Im making it work. I have a couple questions, Im in the blueprint stage of designs so theres a big chunk of time before its completed.

I was thinking, maybe soundproofing the room because of a small tight space. But Im really not sure WHAT to do, if you could give a hand it would be a great help to me. Thanks, - Bad Name

6x10 is okay. I've seen worse space work out very nice over the years.

YOu didn't mention the type of construction - basement walls? Is it a den, spare bedroom?

I ask because if its concrete, you need to put the insulating material on the concrete surface which will make the room a little smaller.

If its a den or bedroom, you can take the wall surfaces down and and put a lot of insulation behind the wall between the studs.

The one thing that will help you (if the layout of the room supports it) is to put your near field monitors aimed down the 10' length, not the 6' length. Take advantage of the longer dimension.

Bad Name said:
Unfortunately, I dont have alot of space to work with. Id say the dimensions are about, width to length 6x10. A very small area to construct in probably, its all I have so Im making it work. I have a couple questions, Im in the blueprint stage of designs so theres a big chunk of time before its completed.

I was thinking, maybe soundproofing the room because of a small tight space. But Im really not sure WHAT to do, if you could give a hand it would be a great help to me. Thanks, - Bad Name

Spare bedroom.

Its a spare bedroom, no concrete. Partially underground, Id say half consumed & half above. If this works out, I might be able to get a larger space of 12x10. So, Id like to work out possibilites for both spaces. I was thinking for Room 1, Id stick with my plan and soundproof the room as best I can. Then for Room 2, Id go and buy some acoustical treatment and try to get a near-perfect like acoustic room.

Im thinking because its such a small room, a few slot resonators. Id try out using, maybe a bass trap to see if it helps. Im not sure, I dont know the difference between resonators and bass traps. I could use some help here, thanks in advance!

Back