Brick Wall Treatment

the dude

Hey fellas! I have a quick question that has probably been asked a thousand times. I am moving into a new Apt. and the bedroom has a brick back wall. This is where I usually set up my studio and I am wondeirng what I can do to tame the reflections off the wall. It is very loud in there and sound is bouncing everywhere. Of course, there isnt any furniture in there yet but I doubt if that will make a huge difference. I also have to be kinda cheap about it. Was thinking of putting a cloth wall hanging up or something. anywa suggestions??? lemme know! thanks all! the dude!

or if you're on a budget put beds, pillows, carpet, books around
or fill the room with people :D

-or-

www.realtraps.com sells 1 inch cloth covered rigid fiberglass for $20. for a 2 foot by 4 foot sheet, $30. for the 2 inch size. You'll get better broadband absorbtion compared to foam if you take a few of the 2 inch panels and mount them so that they are a few inches away from the wall.

-lee-

I would go with the Rigid Fiberglass aka OC703 aka Mineral Wool. You can get it from commercial insulation suppliers and it usually runs less than $10 per 2'x4' sheet for 1 1/2" or 2" thickness.

Put a few of those on the wall and it will tame the reflections and reverb time pretty well. I put about 10 of them in a 16'x31'x8' room and it made a huge difference.

Back