Belden BL-1800F Digital Cable. Sources?

DigitalDon

Here's what's going on. I permanently installed Marshall Sound Runner E108529 110 ohm digital cable snakes in my studio. I want to make my own mic cables using digital audio cables also. The Belden Brilliance BL-1800F cable is digital audio and spec'd for use as a microphone cable (the F stands for flexible). Markertek sells it but only in a 1000 ft roll for $399. I need about 350 feet. I sent them an email tonight requesting a shorter roll. Get this - Mouser Electronics will sell me a 500 foot roll for $387. Get real!!! If I had the $$ I would get the 1000 ft roll, sell some on eBay (or to you guys at cost) and hold onto some for the inevitible (?) broken/worn out cables.

All that said, does anyone know of another source for this particular Belden cable that will sell it in 500 ft or smaller increments? Also, if anyone can find the specs on my Marshall cable I would greatly appreciate it. I know it's 110 ohm but I don't know the capacitance. I'm assuming it's around 13 or 14 pf/ft. I would like to match the mic cable capacitance with the Marshall cable if possible.

If I have to buy 1000 ft of the Belden cable is anyone interested in buying what I don't keep by the foot? It looks like 40 cents/foot (rounded) plus shipping.

Of yeah, I found a company that makes mic cables with this Belden cable and Neutrik XLR connectors. $50 each for a 30 ft cable. Ouch!

Thanks guys,
DD

Thanks Alex. I sent them an email. They'll sell me whatever length I want but it's steep. 54 cents/foot cut to my length versus 40 cents/foot for 1000 feet. Still checking.

Back