Audimute panels (not moving blankets)

rockinrocker

Freedom Hater
Anybody have any opinions or experience with these to cut reflections?

http://www.audimutesoundproofing.com/Audimute-Panel.aspx

obviously they're more expensive than rockwool, (though not too much more, since living in the boonies the way i do i'd have to pay shipping), but if they work as well, i personally would be willing to pay a little extra to not have to deal with the hassle of covering them and what not.

any thoughts?

Thanks.

It's great if what it says is true. Also look into acoustical cotton(bonded logic ultratouch), which is available from Brian(bpape who lurks in these forums) here. This is cheaper than 703, especially if you buy a bulk pack, and has great specs. It's also non irritant, made from natural cotton, recycled from denim i believe.

EDIT: Actually that stuff is 100% cotton. I think it might be the same stuff brian sells, just dyed.

Hey r&r,

Here's a link to Brian's site:
http://sensiblesoundsolutions.com/index.php?cPath=22&osCsid=a804eb5b82ba0de057e9fa7a87eeb868

I corresponded with him via email about the 2" acoustical cotton a few months ago. I haven't purchased any yet, but it's still on my list. You will get more material for your dollar with these, and they don't require any covering and can be hung "as-is". Also, there is a selection of different colors.
He offers different colours? brilliant!

I'll also add, the 3.5" bulk pack is enough to cover a smallish rectangular control room. It allows for 16 3'11"x2' panels. 1 in each corner, 2 on the back wall, 1(halved to 2 2'x2' panels) in each side first reflection point, and one as a cloud in the ceiling first reflection point. This is the minimum requirements imo, as uses only half of the bulk pack. The other half can be used to make movable gobos for tracking, add more to back wall, thicken the bass traps or double the bass traps to 8(probably more efficient, and can be placed in wall-ceiling corners. Any corner will do though), treat behind monitors to reduce SBIR, etc.

The only problem with the bulk pack, that i can see, is that it is not very rigid, so will probably require framing.

Last edited:
yeah, that bulk pack does look like a killer deal, not being rigid won't be any issue as i'm thinking i'll just hang the stuff w/ velcro.....

Back