Anyone want me to convert their studio sketches to 3D?

jblaven

I work in architectural drafting and personally own some powerful drawing software. It would be neat to draw some of your ideas and make them 3D.

As I have time, I would be willing to draw some plans. It would give me a chance to learn the method to the madness of studio design.

Just let me know.

I would need dimensions, wall heights, window sizes. That sort of thing. I have 3D furniture and such to insert into the drawing to give an idea of the size of the rooms.

What do you think?

Any takers?

Later,

Joe

well if you want....

I have a post a few down from yours with a lot of detail in it. Maybe you could help with the visual of that beam going the legth of the room.

Ryan

I hope this is similar to what you had in mind.

This will be my first time posting a picture. If it works, I will post some more.

Attachments

• 3d1.jpg
    3d1.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 223
I am not sure if I can post more than three... let me try. Here is the floor plan.

Attachments

• recording room floorplan rsb.jpg
    recording room floorplan rsb.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 204
woah

That is awsome. The only thing I would change is the beam actually runs over the top of the pole. So it is of to that side, and the wall units will run all the way to the ceiling.

Consider me impressed.

Ryan

hi joe

can you do anything with this? i'm almost done with the building of it.

Attachments

• studio 4_25.jpg
    studio 4_25.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 217
Re: woah

rsb said:
That is awsome. The only thing I would change is the beam actually runs over the top of the pole. So it is of to that side, and the wall units will run all the way to the ceiling.

Consider me impressed.

Ryan

Thanks, :-)

I will move the beam and post the pictures when I get back from class. I'll change the wall units too. Speaking of the wall units, do you have an actual size (length and depth)? I can modify it to show the change.

jonothon said:
hi joe

Sure,

But I need actual dimensions of the wall locations. That way, the 3D drawing is the same scale as what will be built. Look at the floor plan drawing that I posted....

I would otherwise have to guess on the wall locations. Post it here when you get it and I will draw it this afternoon. Oh yeah, if you know the actual degrees of the angles that would be useful. But if not, I can still use the dimensions to draw it.

Joe

I do some 3D work too. In fact I designed my current studio using 3D techniques. I did a detailed framing plan of it in 3D, just so I could check for interferences.
I particularly like the "human elements" you have.
Any way I could get a dxf of those?
What s/w are you using?

Re: Wall units

rsb said:
They are from this site

http://www.locall.aunz.com/~johnsay/HR/index1.htm

so they are 4 feet wide and run to the ceiling like the wall units in the picture.

Thanks again.

Ryan

Where exactly is that column? The only thing I could fit between the column and the desk was a 36" long unit. The other unit is 48" in length.

Here is the floor plan...

Attachments

• recording room floorplan rsb2.jpg
    recording room floorplan rsb2.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 157
Michael Jones said:
I do some 3D work too. In fact I designed my current studio using 3D techniques. I did a detailed framing plan of it in 3D, just so I could check for interferences.
I particularly like the "human elements" you have.
Any way I could get a dxf of those?
What s/w are you using?

I use AutoCAD here at work. I don't do 3D in AutoCAD because it takes too much time.

These shots are made using Softplan. I bought this software about 6 months ago. It runs a little under 2K. I really like it.

I can try and export the 3D persons but I am not sure how it will export... dxf or what. Will have to check.

Thanks

That helps a lot. Thanks for your time, it looks like things are going to be a little cramped in there.

The only question now is

What effect will the 36" make on the wall unit.

John?

Thanks again

Ryan

jonothon said:
hi joe

A couple of pics of one of the rooms.

Attachments

• 3d studio piano 1.jpg
    3d studio piano 1.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 156
Back