Advice on Acoustic panel placement in this room (pics attached + Diagram)

mcddrums

HI all,

I've been reading this forum and many others with great interest. I've learned loads!

I'm a pro drummer and I've just acquired a new room in London. It was a bit of a state so I have worked on it and am in the final stages of finishing the room. I've attached a 360 panorama photo of how it is now (well it's actually plastered now, but this photo gives you an idea) and also a diagram is attached below too.

panorama.jpg

Untitled drawing.jpg

The room has been plastered (the diagram only shows plasterboard).

So I have made Eight 60Cmx90Cm acoustic panels and Two 180Cm x 60Cm panels. I'm also in the process of making my bass traps.

I'd like some advice on the best placement within this room in terms of helping with the current reverb levels and how the placement may help get the best sound. I know that the best way is to use my ears, but I'm also after some experienced and pro advice.

I intend to use the 2 larger panels for the ceiling. One above the drums (like a cloud) and the other at the other end of the room. In terms of the walls, I'm thinking of placing 3 panels on each side then 2 behind me. On the far wall, I want t put a mirror to help make the room seem bigger, but this will have a curtain which can slide across it when recording etc.

What are your thoughts on all this?

Thanks a lot,

M

I can't help you because I know very little about room acoutics. But is it going to be practise room or a recording room or both or some sorta multi-dimensional toaster?? :)

Back