2 layers of drywall vs safe and sound and 1 layer of drywall

robtorr

Setting up in a basement. I'll be insulating from above as wel.
Wondering if I should just cover up the existing drywall with another layer of drywall, or should I tear the original down, and put up safe and sound with on layer of drywall?
Thanks in advance,

Rob

Exactly what are you trying to achieve?
Rod, your capacity for self punishment is extraordinary:p As if you don't have enough on your plate.:D

(btw, for your information Rob, Rod Gervais is the author of "Home Recording Studio..Build it like the Pro's". HR is lucky he is a member here.)

maybe he likes tearing down and hanging up drywall.
ah yes, another brilliant conjecture by our esteemed bbs clown.:D Perhaps you can enlighten Rob, or better yet, Rod, with an actual demonstration of your knowlege in Transmission Loss Physics...perhaps a Mass Law equasion or two and an explanation how it relates to drywall vs Safe and Sound in terms of $:laughings:

Btw, how is your defence coming in that Hate crime case?:rolleyes:

ah yes, another brilliant conjecture by our esteemed bbs clown.:D Perhaps you can enlighten Rob, or better yet, Rod, with an actual demonstration of your knowlege in Transmission Loss Physics...

i'd be happy to:

An essay on Transmission Loss Physics

'Brilliant', 'Quite Good', 'What?', these are just some of the comments made recently in the press regarding Transmission Loss Physics. At first glance Transmission Loss Physics may seem unenchanting, however its study is a necessity for any one wishing to intellectually advance beyond their childhood. Indispensable to homosapians today, it is impossible to overestimate its impact on modern thought. The juxtapositioning of Transmission Loss Physics with fundamental economic, social and political strategic conflict draws criticism from those politicaly minded individuals living in the past, who are likely to form a major stronghold in the inevitable battle for hearts and minds. Hold onto your hats as we begin a journey into Transmission Loss Physics.

Social Factors

Comparisons between Roman Society and Medieval Society give a clear picture of the importance of Transmission Loss Physics to developments in social conduct. I will not insult the readers inteligence by explaining this obvious comparison any further. When Thucictholous said 'people only know one thing' [1] he created a monster which society has been attempting to tame ever since. A society without Transmission Loss Physics is like a society without knowledge, in that it smells of success.

Of paramount importance to any study of Transmission Loss Physics within its context, is understanding the ideals of society. If society has a favourite child, it is Transmission Loss Physics.

Economic Factors

Our world is driven by supply and demand. We will primarily be focusing on the Spanish-Armada model. For those of you unfamiliar with this model it is derived from the Three-Amigos model but with greater emphasis on the outlying gross national product.
Housing
Prices

Transmission Loss Physics

The results displayed in the graph are too clear to be ignored. My personal view is that housing prices will eventually break free from the powerful influence of Transmission Loss Physics, but not before we see a standardised commercial policy for all. Strong fluctuations in investor confidence have been seen over the past two financial years.

Political Factors

Politics, we all agree, is a fact of life. Placing theory on the scales of justice and weighing it against practice can produce similar results to contrasting Transmission Loss Physicsilisation, as it's become known, and one's own sense of morality.

In the words of award winning journalist Odysseus T. Time 'political change changes politics, but where does it go?' [2] One cannot help but agree when faced with Transmission Loss Physics, that this highlights an important issue. I feel strongly that if politicians spent less time thinking about Transmission Loss Physics and put more effort into their family life, that we would have a very different country.
Is Transmission Loss Physics politically correct, in every sense? Each man, woman and to a lesser extent, child, must make up their own mind.

Conclusion

We can say with certainty Transmission Loss Physics is both a need and a want. It establishes order, provides financial security and statistically it's great.

I shall give the final word to star Leonardo Travolta: 'I wouldn't be where I am today without Transmission Loss Physics.' [3]

[1] Thucictholous - Man - Published 42 AD

[2] Time - Yes Indeed - 1987 Indegro Books

[3] It Magazine - Issue 302 - Spam Media Group

Essay generator?
you betcha. Thats EXACTLY what it is. Do a search on EZ and you will see how many times he's used it.:rolleyes::D

Actually, if you READ the "essay"...NO ONE writes like that. Kinda goofy too if ya think about it. :)

Hmmmm, just noticed my post count. Might as well post again...just for drill.:laughings: My god....4000 posts coming up.:eek: I wonder how many wasted days that equals:D Probably could have finished my studio ....but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....what a glutton for punishment.:p And I'm still doing it. geeeeeeeeezus Rick...get a grip.:rolleyes::laughings:

Well for f..kssake! HERE IT IS......4000 posts .....hey, will any bells ring..or do I get some kind of special status? Do I care?:D Anybody there?:confused:

Oh well....:drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:

Here we go!!!:cool: YAHOOOOOOOOEEE....I can RETIRE now!:laughings:

Ok, from this point on, most of my posts are going to be aimed at creating a Sketchup database for Studio design and building. At some point, real soon, I'll be posting a new thread, with a whole bunch of downloadable Sketchup files, which are actually premade models that people can manipulate easily in the free version of Sketchup. Most of the work will already be done. People will simply be able to move walls, ceiling heights, import treatments, furniture, equipment etc.

The second set of files will be for construction illustration of the various aspects of typical Transmission Loss construction. Of course, they will be open for correction by Rod Gervais(hopefully) and anyone else who sees any flaws or mistakes, and offer ideas on improving them.

Anyway, I hope to have these done in a week or so. And THEN, we'll see if Chili(the mod) will make a Sticky out of them. If so, it will be the first time HR has a REAL tool for newbees to actually see and use all the different elements from the get go, which SHOULD help more people in the long run, than simply answering the same old questions over and over and over.

Well, thats about all for the moment. I'll be back with a new thread soon. In the MEANTIME, here is a few simple Jpegs of what I'm talking about. The first is a model, which will have many layers, and many components which you can turn off and on at will, move, rotate, stretch, scale etc, without having to learn Sketchup basics in order just to draw a room. You simply move the walls and ceiling to where you want. Anyway, here are a few examples.

Hopefully, IF the thread becomes a sticky, it will lead to a few more, like a complete Sketchup tudorial as it relates to Studio design(as I see it anyway:D), a link to MY site, with HUNDREDS of downloadable components, not to mention the Sketchup Warehouse where you can find virtually anything, and lots of predrawn models of Acoustical treatments, one for construction illustrations. If not a few completed Studio designs for using however one wants to use them. And maybe one for illustrating how to build various things like soffits, consoles, Bass traps, etc etc. Hopefully, these will be a place where we can share ideas and really help people besides just answering the same old questions.

fitZ

PS, I just previewed this post. Sorry for the oversized pictures. My Coreldraw isn't working right now, otherwise I would have compressed them and uploaded them to my host site.:o

Attachments

• 9X11 ROOM.jpg
    9X11 ROOM.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 32
  • C24 Console 1.jpg
    C24 Console 1.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 32
  • Console Build 1.png
    Console Build 1.png
    59.3 KB · Views: 32
  • CR Monitor Station Template 1.jpg
    CR Monitor Station Template 1.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 33
OOPS, my sincere apology to the author of this thread. I SHOULD have started a new thread with this post. But now, I don't know how I can remove this post. So, again, my apology.:o I've inadvertantly caused the width of the posts to be such that everyone must scroll across to view it. geeeezus...I can sure be dense sometimes.

fitZ:spank:

Back