1000 bucks budget (help)

AROD

I'm planning on starting recording and I'm able to spend 1000 bucks on equipment (interface,mics,stands,daw..ect.).

Already have:
instruments
computer{planing on buying (aside from the $1000),4gb+,i5 or i7}

In need:
interface
mic(s) (warm sound and clear high's)
monitors and/or headphones(2 pairs) (as flat as possible)
DAW

P.S.
No need to give exact prices or totals or every aspect, just name good budget gear.

Thanks

It really depends on what you're recording, and how important monitoring is.

I would certainly recommend getting acoustic treatment for both your recording chain and monitoring chain. You could go with budget mics and nice monitors, or nice mics and budget monitors pending what is most important for you. Unfortunately it is hard with a small budget to decide what is going to end up being most important but I think whichever part you think is the worst should be the first to get upgraded.

GIK said it, what will you be recording at the present and what do you plan to be recording in the future. Are you looking to record and mix songs for commercial use? Record and mix bands, or vocal artist, or both, are you looking at this as a short term hobby or a long term career? Answering these questions will def help us put together a recording equip purchase list that is very detailed and tailored to your needs.

I would certainly recommend getting acoustic treatment for both your recording chain and monitoring chain.

Of course he would lol..Ahhhh!! Acoustic treatment, all those damn foam thingys are over rated. A bunch of ol' mattress cushion dosent make you sound like led zeplin at all. I should know I own the stuff...

:laughings:

im jokin GIK lol, I am a loyal customer dont wanna mess up my discount you bout to give me on my next studio setup:D

Back