Wrote song now what?

robbyrobmusik

I am basically intersted in writing rap musik for myself, but i write alot of other stuff. I wrote like a alternative type of pop rock Ivril Lavine type of shit.

My main ? is now that the song is written how can i go about submitting it to artist to see if they are intersted? I see all the time artist singing shit written by someone else.. Just wondering how to get to that point..

thanks

rob

robbyrobmusik said:
I am basically intersted in writing rap musik for myself, but i write alot of other stuff. I wrote like a alternative type of pop rock Ivril Lavine type of shit.

My main ? is now that the song is written how can i go about submitting it to artist to see if they are intersted? I see all the time artist singing shit written by someone else.. Just wondering how to get to that point..

thanks

rob

First and foremost, copyright it. Go to www.copyright.gov to learn how to do that.

Next what you'll have to do is get a book/magazine (I forget the name) that lists publishing groups that you can send your music to I think it's called Songwriter's Market or something like that. Don't send unsolicited material.

That's how you get started. I'm sure there are others on here who can offer much deeper advice.

Back