Is there a particular method key or scale you like to write in?

Once I have the structure of a song sorted, I will transpose into a key that it needs to be in vocal range.

You know, I always liked the part in a song, usually the second chorus that key shifts up a whole step or whatever. The key changing chorus parts that happen.

intro
Verse
Chorus
Verse
Chorus
Bridge
Chorus
Second Chorus- Key shifted for a joygasm
Outro

Prime numbers in the steps. They hold the most raw power.
No idea what you are going on about, sorry. I've never heard anybody talk about prime numbers in music in this way.

If it works for you, that's great, but I just see words I cannot relate to. I certainly understand maths - but see no link between prime numbers and music - apart from chord names - 2,3,5,7,11,13 etc. That's just coinciedence of course. 4ths and 6th and 9ths are quite nice too.

That's just coinciedence of course.

I can only show you the door. Its up to you to walk through it.

Math is great for the keyboard its in a straight line. How's about the FRET board. In that case I use Geometry, sacred triangles and shit. Playng triplets and connecting the triangles drawn from the 3 played notes.

Hardly, go play your 13th.

Why? Because, I use a different pattern for in line keyboard, than across a fret board. Please. Its setup different. You try and draw triangles on a piano. If triangles on the fret board is a better mnemonic device for me, so be it. Paul Gilbert did it in his instructional guitar VHS videos. Anybody buy those tapes in the 80's?

These
Search youtube..

3rd , 5th, 7ths, are stronger.

Last edited:
I've seen no mention of using chord/scale list filtering software. How do you view using this kind of tool if it has a lot of functionality?

How I view it? History defines intelligence as the capacity for usage and understanding of tools. If you find a chart, software list, or diagram helpful, go for it. The more tools you can proficiently use the smarter you are.

I'd never dream of using something like that. I create using my ears and whatever clunks in my brain. If it works for you, great, but I pick my own colours for walls too, never even thought of using the random generators and gizmos in the paint shop where you pick one colour and it creates contrasting ones for you - but I guess the same thing applies. If it produces something you like - great.

I use gizmos. But I have lots of control over everything. It let's me experiment in ways impossible without it.

And I don't think I'm missing anything since I grew up playing the guitar everyday. But I can see how the generative stuff can be a distraction away from it.

I just wish I had the time to do both.

Last edited:
Back