Stuck with song

naked

Hi, I am trying to construct my first song on an electric guitar however, I have run into problems. I don't what to do after the first 40 seconds. I have no idea where to take the song. It is a very short clip but if someone could take a quick listen and tell me if it sounds like it has potential or maybe give me some pointers? Thanks.

http://fender.dmusic.com/

click on "Stuck Song"

Naked

i really dont know...
yes it has potential, but it sounds like the potential is heading towards an 80's monster, big hair, ballad sounding song...
i donno if thats what your looking for, and that is also just my opinion
it sounds good though, i like the effects and i think maybe just a fresh start...
once again just my opinion...
overall good, but i dont know where to go from that
good luck

It has a sort of 80's "hair band", "glam rock" (think Poison or Skid Row) kind of sound to it, in my opinion.

Not sure where to tell you to take it, but here's a thought:

Close your eyes, listen to it, and see where that takes you. Don't "think" it, "feel" it.

hey thanks... yeah i hear that 80's rock sound in it. it was not my intention but it just came out. i used a very weird tuning as well. thanks for your inputs, i just discovered this site so i'll be sticking around, lots to learn.

Perhaps try a bridge in Eb and more or less repeat the same riff. Then back up to F etc. Just a thought.

naked said:
Hi, I am trying to construct my first song on an electric guitar however, I have run into problems. I don't what to do after the first 40 seconds. I have no idea where to take the song. It is a very short clip but if someone could take a quick listen and tell me if it sounds like it has potential or maybe give me some pointers? Thanks.

http://fender.dmusic.com/

click on "Stuck Song"

Naked
That is really tuff to answer. I do the same thing often. I would just record it, and come back later. I've got 15 songs that aren't finished, but there all recorded so I can go back later with a different mindset. Some songs do come together all at once and it's wonderful. But more times than others it doesnt'. i wouldn't get discouraged of it.

Back