Should i put a question mark in a song title?

damianhk

Next song title might be a question. I'm about to make a basic video and wasn't sure if a question/song title should have a question mark. Know about this, or have an opinion?

Next song title might be a question. I'm about to make a basic video and wasn't sure if a question/song title should have a question mark. Know about this, or have an opinion?

what gecko said

if it is a question then you need the << ? > to show that

Let me ask you this:
Do You Know The Way To San Jose?

Or I could ask:
How Deep Is Your Love?

And how about:
Do You Really Want To Hurt Me?

Last edited:
A question mark is not something I have seen in a song title but I can't see why you would not include it in if the sing title is a question. :-)

From an artistic standpoint? Sure. No reason not to include a question mark!

From a technical standpoint? Eh... maybe not? Question marks are one of those special characters that may or may not be handled coherently by all computer systems that may incorporate your song. if the song gets any traction, it could result in some hassles with royalty payments or chart reporting etc. (Tho, all in all that's kind of a long shot of a thing to be worried about)

Here's another thing to consider.... Some databases that list songs (be they your PRO database or certain play and streaming or hosting databases) might not recognize special characters - so it's always a good thing to consider when naming a song where it's going to be released or featured and make sure your naming convention fits their database format.

I think it should only be a question mark, nothing else.

The new hit song , ' ?' .

Here's another thing to consider.... Some databases that list songs (be they your PRO database or certain play and streaming or hosting databases) might not recognize special characters - so it's always a good thing to consider when naming a song where it's going to be released or featured and make sure your naming convention fits their database format.
While I can see what you're saying, I'm stubborn enough to say stuff the database. Stick in the ? and let the database worry about what it supports or doesn't ! A song with a title like "Am I the way you imagined me ?" just looks daft without a question mark.

Back