to produce or not produce

sorry to those that actually caught that first post.

there's still one thing that sounds screwy...but that's the way a sang it ...haha

i really really think the ending should be produced..the tension just doesn't build with guitar alone. and i think live i would cut it short possibly...it would just be an added bonus for those that buy a cd

For my taste there is too much guitar at the front and the back of the song. Get in, tell your story, and get out would be my favored approach but that's just me. Your voice is very expressive and serves to tell the storyline in an interesting way that draws the listeners ears to the lyrics. In my opinion that is a very good thing.;) I would drop a few bars off the word "now" in the song but otherwise I feel it is a good effort. 1 buck - .98 = my opinion. :D Good luck.

i am a big music interlude guy. but i do agree with cutting the now's a little shorter. glad someone else thought so too.

this isn't my last vocal take, as i think the verses are sung just a tad too..intensely. could be a bit more quiet.

I'm hoping to add a little something in there and especially at the end would help the tension of it... the interlude does seem a bit pushed in there. i think there needs to be a stopping transition into it maybe. like a huge ritard but hold on to those notes and fall back into that outro stuff with a little bit more separation.

but do you guys think it needs more instruments or just go with it as is? piano melody?...i'm just shooting around here...

Hey Cello-P....Interesting ideas but you need to change to key to lower.....you are out of your power range and it lessens your ability to convey range of emotion . Lots of guitarists write for the instrument and then find that they have problems getting the vocals to work right. There is a thread....music first or lyric??? that discusses this . I know that sometimes the guitar just seems to want to be played in certain keys...G D A E ....all "sharp keys" If you try to get your melody "singable" from the git-go you will find that everything else will get a lot easier, all the way to the mixing/mastering phase.

writeonnnnnnnn

chazba

i like this alot..

it has a raw feel to it...

what if at the end instead of a piano melody or strings you came up with a vocal melody to be hummed (no words) then make that huge with 5 or 6 voices.. but mix it so it's not overpowering the guitar.. might be neat.. maybe not at all..

but if you left it just the way it is.. it's still great!

yeah. i was thinking about detuning my guitar to D standard this morning...

i really like the acoustic track as is and i don't want the fwappy sound.

i'm thinking just practice a little more, but changing the key would give my voice a different timbre probably...bah.

I would either shorten the guitar intro or add something to it, and perhaps deep behind the verses too -- flute or something like that. That would make strings behind the chorus essential. Otherwise, strings would make it more interesting, but aren't necessary.

Just my 2.

TC

I agree with up-fiddler, shorten the phrases on the "now's". I do like your arrangement and the guitar is very well done. I can see why you would want to sing around that. Transposing sometimes takes away the feel of the guitar..... I would leave the background as is and work on the vocal phrasing. Adding strings is a secondary option.....Good work mr cello.pudding.....

Back