New song, would like some input

Nice intro, nice arrangement & feel in your voice. I have to say, this type of music is not my taste, but seems like a pretty good song.

Okay- haha not my style music but structure doenst change know matter what genre. Your CHORUS could be stronger. Through out the whole chorus you only say the song name like once at the end. I suggest you view the "EVERYTHING I AM" thread. Read the feedback I gave to that guy - about his hook. He had the same problem as you do. Your fans could never request your song - I was clueless to the song name, if it wasnt written their right in front of me haha.

Drummerbones, I enjoyed listening - Spirit to song seems positive... I would work on the clarity in the mix. You sound like you have a lot to offer, just take your time. Thanks

Not my kind of music especially, but for it's genre it sounded pretty tasty to me.

How do you get your acoustic sounding like that ? Sounded really sweet. Exactly the sound I'm trying to achieve, but can't :(

Thanks for your input everyone.

lasagne,

As for the acoustic sound, oddly enough the acoustic guitar is what I spent the least amount of time on. I used an AT3035 condenser mic placed around chin level and angled down toward the guitar (the best placement I found after experimenting) and ran it through my Focusrite Trakmaster pre with very little processing. I applied just a touch of compression to tame the levels in the mix but used no eq or effects. I recorded the take to a single track then simulated stereo by duplicating the track and delaying it by about 45 milliseconds. Do this, pan the tracks, and you have the illusion of stereo.

Back