New song! Do u like the blues?

R&B-N-JAZZ_LADY

"Music is My Passion"
Hi everybody,
I haven't been here.. @ HR in a while... I've been busy with college and now I am out for semester....Yaye! Anyway, I had a little time to write and make a song and wanted to see how many of you guys (or gals) dig it... It's called, "You Hurt Me" and the instrumental was made by a dear friend of mine that is into music too... When you come to my page just click the play button where you see my photo. Thank-you!

P.S. This is just a preview and not the actually C.D., etc..

Update: Warning, this song is protected!!

SingSnap | SingSnap Original by sharelle78

Last edited:
The organ is overpower your vocals, the scratch guitar at the beginning is so hesitant it sounds like a mistake. The string samples are too bright & casio sounding - try some mellotron samples or something else that's mellower.
Some slippy notes on the Hammond sample too.
You need to completely remix this and set the vocal up so it sounds like it is the lead instrument & not the midi stuff.
Could be a good song with the progression & vocal.
I don't think the scat eding really works for the vocal & the tag from the organ def. doesn't!
Keep remixing until it sits right.

Good voice, but really pitchy,, and I agree with rayc, a remix is in order.
That's the bad, the good is that the song has real potential, and your voice has that "thing", just work on your pitch, and you're there.

Good luck.

Hello guys!
Thank you both for your suggestions. As I stated in my post, this is not the real Demo or CD (or whatever) just a preview. Stephen, I did not see in rayc post that he mention that my vocals were pitchy. Anyway, thanks for your opinion... Ha-ha-ha!

Back