Need help finishing an electronic song (Vocals/Melody)

BeniRose

I've been sitting on this song for six years. I wrote it in my dorm room in 2004 on FLStudio 3.0! Last summer I redid it in Logic to make it a bit less...uh, crappy. However, all these years I haven't been able to come up with a melody or words I like. It's in verse/chorus, so it absolutely deserves/needs it.

So if someone wants to take this and lay down some vocals/melodies to it, that would be rad. I'm a bit picky and I have a specific sound I'm going for with this, so please don't be offended if I don't follow up, but please enjoy your personal version if it! But if I like it, I'll hit you up about finishing the song. For structure so far the vocals would start right away, and when the clarinet and flute are together is between verses (right before high guitar part) then the chorus is pretty obvious. If you have something different in mind for structure I'd be open to it.

The new version of the track up to after the first chorus is here:

The original version is here, although I'm not sure you'd want to listen to it!

That's it. Run free! I've had a few people say they have ideas for this, but none of them have followed through. Would love to see this song finally get completed!

Here's some of my other works in progress to get a general feel for my music. They're instrumental:
http://benrosenbach.com/choons/Why,%20It's%20Light%20Outside.mp3

Don't know what to tell you man, it works for me. You can listen to it when you click on the link, right? If it opens in your browser, trying going to File >> Save As.

I'll give it a listen when I get home. My vocal style sounds alot like Eldritch from Sisters of Mercy- don't know if that's what ur looking for though..

Back