most underated song writer

No, I believe they are done/recorded/mastered in a studio...but let me tell you this...if you have a chance to see them live...they sound just as good....you are really in for a good time...let me know what you think?...I just still cant understand why they arent signed....but then again...I dont work for a record company so maybe there are reasons beyond me...

MM25

P.S. Not to sound like spam...but the album "Good Disguise" is there best if you were going to get one...

...do you have sound clips of your stuff up badgas?...just curious...mine will be up soon...through Tonos....I'll let you know when they are up...

keep rockin'

MM25

So far I've only recorded one song. I didn't do too good a job on it and I'm going to redo it. By this weekend I hope to have it finished.

a Canadian on the list

Hey there;

Back in the late '80's, a Canadian band called The Pursuit of Happiness came out with a single called "I'm an Adult Now" which was an international hit of varying degrees, depending on the country. The lead singer, Moe Berg is a BRILLIANT lyricist - he paints pictures of a lot of social dynamics, particularly between males and females, that not a lot of other writers address. He's not afraid to say anything, and has come up with some really colourful and clever phrases along the way. Part of the TPOH sound involves two female backup vocalists, whose parts were also written by Moe Berg. Outstanding stuff!! Check out www.tpoh.net .

Chris

Nick Drake
Lou Barlow
s. malkmus
pattie smith
MC5
alex chilton
dean wareham
jimmy cliff
peter tosh
jonathan richmond
marvin gaye

ROKY ERIKSON

jya ne

47ronin

Already been mentioned....but only once or twice:

John Hiatt
John Prine
Jerry Jeff Walker

Just wanted to get those guys out there one more time.

bd

Harry Chapin is the songwriter I respect most. Did get some credit but no amount would be enough as far as I'm concerned.

Stone

Jimi Hendrix

We all know his ability on his instrument
but he was also a great songwriter and his lyrics are way under rated.

Al Stewart, besides his commercial bullshit he is a great songwriter.

dragonworks said:
Jimi Hendrix

We all know his ability on his instrument
but he was also a great songwriter and his lyrics are way under rated.

Actually, IMO, he was a better songwriter than a guitarist... better, that is, purely based on raw technical ability.

Chris

Buck62 said:
J.J. Cale

Another vote here for J. J. Cale

Way to go Buck. I thought nobody else but me appreciated J. J. Cale. "Cocaine" (Eric Clapton), "Call Me The Breeze" (Lynyrd Skynyrd), plenty has been made by others on his compositions. I got tons of Cale's music. The guy is awesome.

CK

JACK BRUCE

Allthough known for his bass playing with cream is also a great songwriter. He did all the work and Clapton got all the credit. He played bass, cello, keyboards, harmonica, 6 string, sang lead, and harmony, wrote many great tunes and Cowrote many others.

Got to be Neil Morse of Spock's Beard. They really come to their own on an album on which it's title track was a Harrison cover, by the way. "Beware of Darkness" Also one of the top 5 albums ever written. Absolutely amazing... no matter what type of music you like. It cannot be catagorized. It's just extraordinary... beyond discription.

Morse has never written a song that is less than AMAZING. Check the Beard out... he's not writtting anymore, but he left a catalogue that I untouchable.

What About John Prine ? Robert Earle Keen ?

Those are a couple of familiar names .. but I think most songwriters in the world get little to no recognition... unless they are part of a band or sing their own material ...

some name I think deserve more recognition from the indie world ..

Ric Swanson

Jeff Johnson

My Hubby - Randal Crowley

There are so many talented songwriters out here .. it is a shame that our radios are trashed with the material they are putting out today ..:)

Lana

Back