Master Writer 2

It looks very handy, but I think for me it takes away from what I enjoy most about writing songs - writing the song. It looks like you can get lots of words, phrases and ideas to choose from, but for me it would take away from the creative process of thinking up things on my own. Also, it seems it is only a help for lyrics, but doesn't aid in creating the musical side of a song - just a sort of notepad for recording ideas as they occur, and a rhythm section to accompany.

I didn't download it - just watched the demo. It may help create a better song than I could do on my own, but for me the song isn't that important - writing it is the satisfying part. Likewise for me, in photography the picture isn't the important part - taking the picture is what turns me on.

It looks very handy, but I think for me it takes away from what I enjoy most about writing songs - writing the song. It looks like you can get lots of words, phrases and ideas to choose from, but for me it would take away from the creative process of thinking up things on my own. Also, it seems it is only a help for lyrics, but doesn't aid in creating the musical side of a song - just a sort of notepad for recording ideas as they occur, and a rhythm section to accompany.

I didn't download it - just watched the demo. It may help create a better song than I could do on my own, but for me the song isn't that important - writing it is the satisfying part. Likewise for me, in photography the picture isn't the important part - taking the picture is what turns me on.

I hear what you're saying and I agree about the process being satisfying.

What I like about Master Writer, and what I've been using it for, is its use for revising. It's when i get to the point that i'm 90% satisfied with a lyrics but there's a word or a line that bugs me, that's where i think the power of Master Writer comes in.

Back