I have lyrics to offer and would love a collaboration

the song title needs to be heard in the song, preferably more than once, so that the listener is in no doubt about the title.
I don't agree with this although it can be helpful much of the time.
But without sounding trite and predictable, there really are no rules. There are simply so many different kinds of songs that at this point in time, all of our formulas and rules work !

grimtraveller - I agree that once you know what you're doing there are no rules except for the ones you make up to suit yourself. This thread is addressing someone who trying to give a poem to a tunesmith as potential lyrics, and needs to start with guidelines. If you read the poem he's offered on page 1, ask yourself Does he need pointers?

Hi grimtraveller,

I agree músic is as varied as musicians. It's also good to know the besics of songwriting. I listened to your Ralph and Louisa and it's very unusual, at least to me. I liked the orignality.
best.

I know this is necroposting, but I finally found a way to resurrect Tweakheadz.com via the wayback machine. If you go to this URL at wayback, you'll see some stickies at the top of the On Writing Lyrics subforum written by a fellow named Dugz Ink. He did some excellent work on teaching users how to improve their lyrics and they're well worth reading, if you're interested.

Timbo

Back