I have lyrics to offer and would love a collaboration

Ciren

Hi

I write poetry and lyrics and would love to collaborate in song writing. If anyone wants to exchange ideas and potentially write songs, I'd love to hear from you.

Cheers!

Samples
Hi Easlern,

Here are two samples of my poems. Let me know what you think, please. Thanks

Rising under the glittering dome
Arms raised to the night sky
Shining branches that seek
The mysterious moon light.
From the window you seem
Like dancers in the wind
With Hawaiian skirts to be
tailored and worn on this bright night

If dreams could be reflected
by the light of the sun
the sky would gleam
like a polished mirror,
my heart would sail
from shining cloud to shining cloud
until it reached yours;
then hearts entwined
we'd float into the unknown.

The poems are not too bad, but as they are they would be difficult to craft into songs.

Both have potential to make interesting song lyrics, but there would need to be a fair bit of manipulation (including more lines) to make verses and choruses out of them.

Unless it were placed in a progressive metal song Ala Dream Theater or Fates Warning. Anything goes there...

But yes, more would be needed I would say.

:)

Do you sing too? If you can set your poetry to music, somebody here could probably help with the instrumentation

Thanks for your input. I realize that they need to be longer and undergo adjustment for songs; that's why I asked for a collaboration. :)

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your suggestion. I don't sing, but I think I'd be good at choosing melodies for the words. I really need someone with a guitar or piano to bring the words to life.

What type of song do you have in mind? What genre?

Or don't you mind?

That is a great point.

Just a suggestion; maybe find someone near you that can help in person. It can be tough finding that collaboration on the internet if you do not have a setup to where you can sing or play.

There is nothing better than sitting in a room with another musician and creating together.

Online collaborations can and do work (I have tons of them that started here) but you really need to give some type of direction that are looking for first.

Something as simple as a melody line to start. :)

Hi I was thinking ballad style and pop. These would be my preferences, but even soft rock would be nice.

Thanks, I do have some ideas, but as you say it would need someone who plays an instrument to bring it all together.

Hey, I'd like to collaborate on pop songs, ballads, soft rock... I haven't found anyone in my area who wants to collaborate so I'm still looking. Any pop writers out there wanna collaborate distance, Skype, etc?

I just realized it's not so easy. The post looked great, but then i tried to fit the words into a couple of my ideas. I've always had music first, and filled it in last with lyrics. The poem is good, but not enough words on the verse, and too many words on the chorus (2nd paragraph). Maybe i was looking for something written like a song with verses and a repeating chorus. I wish you luck, but honestly, this isn't as easy as i thought. Maybe because music was always first in my process. Good luck with it.

Hi Damian, thanks for reply. I hope I find someone who'd be interested. I'd like to collaborate - so shoot ideas around and come up with something attractive. I understand that poems aren't songs but I hope to be able to bring music to them with longer verses among other things.

For me, your words would make a reasonable foundation for a song, but there would be a lot of messing around with them to make fit into the conventional song formats that I would use. They would end up being almost unrecognisable.

Maybe if you craft your poems so that they consist of chunks that could evolve into verses, choruses and hooks?

Hey Gecko,

How are you? This is a sample one I quickly drafted today:

you are my sunrise,
dawn in my day,
ocean of dreams.

You bring hope
to my despair,
every day in a year.

you are the bond
which tightly binds
threads in this heart.

you are my summer