Is this the end of the road?

alex0203

I was supposed to have my demo done & ready for release by tomorrow. This is just so sad for me because I've only written ONE song, when I'm supposed to have 4 more.

I'm self-recording all of this, just so you know. I've been so low on motivation & inspiration..pathetic, right? I've got some cool ideas and I've been listening to other people's music, so I know the overall sound I'm looking for and everything, but I just haven't been writing good songs for the past 2 weeks.

PLEASE, do you have any advice at all? I want to get this thing out there before the end of the year. :(:(

More details on what stage you're at and you may get some tips...

I'm not sure what you're looking for on your current post...

Hey...welcome to the party pal. :drunk:

Right now, I have my studio gear on...my guitar plugged in and waiting...
...and I'm sitting here typing this response. :(
It's been like that for weeks now…I just can't get a groove going. I've got plenty of music to work on at various stages of the process, but the motivation just ain't there.
Actually I AM motivated...at least in my mind...but when I stand there in the studio for awhile, I just don't seem to get going.

Anyway...it's a phase. I've been there before, and it does get depressing at times, but it always gose away at some point, and Miss Muse eventually shows up (HEY! Where are you bitch...I'm waiting?). :D

You need to push hard and see if you can get a spark going...but I think your end-of-year goal may be out of reach at this point, unless you really get a fire going under your ass.
But you know...what's so special about the end of the year? Just keep going and get it done...now...two months from now...in the spring...whatever, just plod along even if you make minor progress.

Do you have any thoughts on what is holding you back at the moment…what is impeding your progress?

What do you mean by "what stage I'm at"? I just explained things to you...I'm obviously in the stage called Writer's Block & I was hoping for a push, but I see that's nowhere to be found here.

Nevermind, I got better responses at Yahoo Answers.

I guess this is what it took...I'm 100% finished with this website & it's lack of resources. It's a horridly dated site, no one wants to put effort into the other users. Apparently, today's ZERO RESPONSE is what it took for me to have this epiphany. I hope other people find this site helpful 'cause I sure as hell don't anymore.

I guess this is what it took...I'm 100% finished with this website & it's lack of resources.

Okay, good luck with Yahoo. But why am I writing this? You're already 100% finished with this site. It's not like you're actually going to read this.... :rolleyes:

Cheers,

thanks Miroslav, I posted that ^ about 2 seconds before your response (I think).

I hope you do get that spark back, don't give up on your music. I'm done here.

Hey...welcome to the party pal. :drunk:

Right now, I have my studio gear on...my guitar plugged in and waiting...
...and I'm sitting here typing this response. :(
It's been like that for weeks now…I just can't get a groove going. I've got plenty of music to work on at various stages of the process, but the motivation just ain't there.
Actually I AM motivated...at least in my mind...but when I stand there in the studio for awhile, I just don't seem to get going.

I'm in the same boat and it is frustrating. I've got to write one song for a family reunion coming up in two weeks and I've got nothing. Suppose to do a video slideshow thing as a present to the old man and write the background song. I've got ideas, just nothing gelling.

Gonna keep at it and if I can't come up with anything, it'll be Chet Atkins instrumentals to the rescue. :laughings:

how about writing a song about patience? frustration? sadness? I'm relatively new to this site, but so far I've found a lot of encouragement. I don't think waiting a day or so for a response is all that long. I'm still getting comments on something I posted several days ago....

alex2023...

While I'd like to say "there, there... it'll be OK" for you, I'm more inclined to call you a rude little prick. You're fifteen, right?

"Lack of resources?" - do think there are staff hanging round here waiting to solve your ittle-bitty problems? Which planet are you living on?

Just other users on their own journey is all...

The block on your writing is not only about quantity, it's quality - I couldn't figure out from your whiny little post what your basic problem was, so I asked. Shoot me! Thanks for clearing it up.

Now why don't you go and write a song about how the nasty guy on HR reamed you out. Or go join the army. Or have a cry. Any of the above.

The trick to getting over writer's block is to write.. and write and write and write and write and keep writing until something comes.

If it eventually comes, then great, if it doesn't, then you never had it anyway and the world will get on just fine without your music. You think otherwise? Prove it.

But if this is what you want to do with your life, then find a way, or go away.

If you want a "push" just make sure you're not near a cliff.

Once you get over feeling sorry for yourself, why not have a go? :spank:

... and read what sharonclowe said....

Its the opposite for me just now, has been for months

I have to physically stop myself....if I turn on my DAW I start something...and I really want to learn my guitar better...hope it doesnt dry up, i dont have anything else to do lol

Its the opposite for me just now, has been for months

I have to physically stop myself....if I turn on my DAW I start something...and I really want to learn my guitar better...hope it doesnt dry up, i dont have anything else to do lol

I'm jealous! My day job is definitely getting in the way of my free time.

So....are we having a going away party/celebration for alex0203 and his epiphany? :laughings:

What do you mean by "what stage I'm at"? I just explained things to you...I'm obviously in the stage called Writer's Block & I was hoping for a push, but I see that's nowhere to be found here.

I guess this is what it took...I'm 100% finished with this website & it's lack of resources. It's a horridly dated site, no one wants to put effort into the other users. Apparently, today's ZERO RESPONSE is what it took for me to have this epiphany. I hope other people find this site helpful 'cause I sure as hell don't anymore.

:laughings::laughings::laughings:

post of the week :)

Anyway I had a tip....no more sketches

thats the way Im doing it just now...and thats why I end up with some weird tracks but I dont care...if its got more than a couple of bars it gets turned into a finished project..if its a bag of shite then at least its good mixing practise and a couple of them have ended up fairly interesting

You should use your anger as inspiration! How do you think the Emperor and Darth Vader got inspired to rule the galaxy?

Like KCearl, mine's the opposite problem, I've got "not writing block". I just won't stop, it's ridiculous. By the time I've recorded and mixed all the bits I have going I'll be close to 72 !
The other day as my wife was at the computer and the kids were stalling going to bed while watching "Deadly 60", I just came up with a 6 verse ditty on rats. It took about 8 minutes and I had to laugh at how stupid it was. When the kids said 'well, how does it go ?' I just made a melody up on the spot which was unusual because I think I struggle with melodies.
Alex, hang in there. No one was having a pop at you and Armistice could've given you some useful advice if you'd answered his question.
I've never had writer's block. Well, not since I started writing songs, anyway.

Back