Yeah with you yeah yeah
Girl I got to get away

I want to get away (4x)
Yeah

I want to get away
I want to fly away
Yeah with you
Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

unbelievable. i've been sweating and squeezing lyrics out for a song that less than 100 people will hear and this jackass scribbles this POS in crayon on a napkin and cashes the f*ck in. :rolleyes:

Norman Smith, who mixed a lot of the Beatles songs, said he thought most of their songs were good when he recorded them until one day they brought in a song and he thought, "man this one's not going to work", the lyrics went like this:

"She loves you, yeah, yeah, yeah
She loves you, yeah, yeah, yeah
She loves you, yeah, yeah, yeah...................yeah"

that's some pretty deep shit!

Lyrics DO really matter. Just not to Mr. Kravitz. He tends to....how do I say....KNEE-JERK them.

"If I had a spell of magic
I would make this enchantment for you
A beautiful heart shaped medallion
With a window that you could look through

And when all the mirrors are angry
With your thoughts, and all you must do
You could look through that heart shaped medallion
And see you from my point of view"

Do lyrics really matter? If you are a lyricist-yes.-Richie

I would say sometimes.

Most of the times the music trumps the lyrics for me, but its great to those who master it.

I also think quite a few writers just want their words to sound good next to the music.
I know Deep Purple worked that way.

I would say sometimes.

Most of the times the music trumps the lyrics for me, but its great to those who master it.

I also think quite a few writers just want their words to sound good next to the music.
I know Deep Purple worked that way.

word, Nak....;)

They do and they don't. Sometimes the lyrics matter the most, where the melody and music are only accompaniment to the story. Other times, the lyrics mean nothing and the music means everything. Most of the vocals Obituary's (death metal band) first album "Slowly We Rot" were just mindless growling. There's no lyrics for most of the parts he's "singing".

My favourite kind of stuff is where the lyrics are good, and tell the story right. However, it's the kind of stuff where the music alone could tell you the story once you had the jist of it, and knew just one or two lines.

Iced Earth are great for that, especially their 16 minute epic "Dante's Inferno". The song is based on "The Divine Comedy", and the whole song has a very dark theme, with music to reflect each of the nine circles of hell.

I only know half of the lyrics (kind-of), but I always "feel" it when I listen to it. But, without the lyrics, that song would not be nearly as effective. It'd just be 16 minutes of riffs and solos.

C F G C F C
C F G C F G
C F G C F C
C F G C F G C

These are the chords to one of the most important protest songs ever. They're nothing special. The words were are important. Therefore lyrics do matter.

Back