Do I Have to Put SEX in the Title?

Oskari

Although there are often over 300 people (and bots) on this forum at any time, it seems very few people leave comments. I'm only new to this forum, but I've left a couple of posts, but I haven't had much success in persuading anyone to comment. Maybe it's because I'm new and haven't quite made it through the initiation, but even a +1 or -1 post would give my fragile ego something to ponder. The thread I'm particularly concerned about is this one: https://homerecording.com/bbs/gener...lling-star-your-comments-most-welcome-354395/

Sorry if I'm behaving like this forum owes me something that others take for granted. I'm fine that threads get almost 200 views in less than two days without comment. :facepalm: No, really, I am. I just wonder how this might be viewed in the longer term by people like me who come here enthusiastically expecting something more than silence.

Again, I apologise for 'rocking the boat' and sitting here waving my keyboard about like I should stand out from the crowd.

Seriously though, you only posted the song yesterday.
It's not strange to have to wait a day or two.

I mean, the song you replied about had been sitting for three days and you are reply no.1.
Hang in there. :)

Have to say though, if you need a hug at each hurdle I hope you're just making music for fun. ;)

The SEX worked, I suppose. And, yeah, maybe I do need a hug once in a while. I did, however, think I apologised enough times to indicate that my concerns weren't entirely about my need to be heard. I'm an active member of a couple of other forums and I suppose I just found it slightly disconcerting that the activity here was a bit slow, especially considering the number of over all members and their activity.

Again, I apologise if I've stepped out of line. I certainly don't want to do that.

Regarding my music, who doesn't need a hug once in a while ... or a good kick on the bum. Seriously, I'm just a little kid-eager at the moment because of my new-found love for home recording and was hoping to use this forum as a way to calibrate that journey (yeah, I hate that term, too).

Besides, it's quite daunting posting up a song on a public forum like this and the mind can play silly buggers at the best of times.

Thanks for the responses. Learn I will to be patient. Now who said that?

This is one of the better forums to get advice, in my opinion.

But remember, good, fast, and cheap never coincide.

This forum's very good, and it's free.....

The SEX worked, I suppose. And, yeah, maybe I do need a hug once in a while. I did, however, think I apologised enough times to indicate that my concerns weren't entirely about my need to be heard.

I know where you're coming from. About 99.99% of everything I post on audio forums gets ignored. I don't bother asking questions here when I'm in a hurry. I usually don't ask at all unless I've searched the entire Internet first and came up empty-handed.

To be fair, flat_fleet, no, I've only commented on one other member's piece. But rest assured it won't end there because I do like workshopping!

If you are going to post music and would like more rapid responses/comments....the MP3 Mix Clinic is your best bet.

The Songwriting, Singing, Marketing, etc....forums don't get as much action.

Oh...and if you just need a "hug"...try the Cave at the bottom.

Well what are you looking for? Songwriting feedback, or mix feedback? You've posted in the Songwriting forum but asked for mix feedback. Or have you? I'm not sure exactly what you're asking for...

It's a nice toon, but the MIDI drumming's very average as is the MIDI bass as is the MIDI keyboard. The acoustic sounds quite nice if you've recorded it with a USB mic, same with the vocals. As a song it's a bit "samey"... standard singer/guitarist fare where the balance is firmly on the former. I prefer more interesting music, but I'm funny like that.

It it were my song, I'd drop the MIDI stuff and just have acoustic guitar and vocals.

Or I'd get better at the MIDI stuff (both quality of sounds and playing) and redo it.. and add some other musical melodic element... it's very chord 2 3 4 chord 2 3 4 chord 2 3 4... and the keyboard pad in the "middle 8" just playing the same thing doesn't help the cause much.

But baby steps, you'll learn as you go. Don't be disheartened... hug... :spank:

Another thing... fade it out gracefully, don't just cut tracks off.. very jarring.

Something else to think of... we Australians are about 0.05% of the population around here, so the time zone thing can work against you and you can drop down very quickly if no-one knows who you are - feel free to bump your tune if no-one's listening. Plead, beg, generally be a pain in the arse etc. to get some attention. This worked. Sort of. Like Steen said, get to know a few people and they'll listen..

Whereabouts in the wide brown land are you from?

And I'll be posting a song next week, so you can get revenge on that and tell me what a piece of crap it is if you feel I'm being overly harsh... :D

And I'll be posting a song next week, so you can get revenge on that and tell me what a piece of crap it is if you feel I'm being overly harsh... :D
Your song's awful, the bass is far too busy, I can barely hear the kick, the pattern your drummer's playing is way too complex and those bloody stereo guitars.......wait, that's my tune !

So, my pushy-huggy ways did work. :)

I haven't been around long, so comments regarding this are well founded.

Regarding my song, this is what I've been waiting for. Yes, the midi stuff is boring. I'm really just an acoustic guitarist, singer ad songwriter. And what this means is that all my live performances are just that. The 1-2-3-4 chord structure just seemed to work in this song. I was hoping that the story and melody kept it interesting, but it's probably worth my while looking at injecting some variation. Stereo guitars: hey, I'm new to this stuff and it's just something I tried to fill out the space. Too much in this case.

I live in country Victoria - exactly in the middle of the bush. My closest neighbour is about 500 metres away, but currently lives in LA (USA), so that's even further, I think.

Thanks for your comments!

Back