Will gun shots damage my iphone microphone

• Thread starter Deleted member 185347
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 185347

Hello guys,

I will be filming people shooting guns outdoors tomorrow. Would like to shoot some video with an iphone 6. Am wondering if it is dangerous to do so. Afraid of hurting microphone.

Thank you,

Contrary to popular belief, gunshots pose no threat to iphones. Why, you could even hold it in front of your face and have someone shoot it... then laugh at the fool as his bullet bounces harmlessly off that little marvel of modern technology, leaving your face intact and unscathed.

Steve Jobs was a pacifist. Of course it'll ruin your iPhone.

Actually, a little known fact about the iPhone. It is programmed to automatically save the previous 10 seconds of video footage whenever it detects gunfire. That's why there are so many videos of shootings before the shooting even begins. You didn't know your iPhone is recording all the time, did you?

In the early days of development at Apple, there was a former Navy Seal on the engineering staff. He worked out some code that could detect the caliber of the round based on the tonal signature of a gunshot. It is programmed to laugh at your 9mm.

You do know the screen is made of gorilla glass. Enuf said.

:D

My ipod said, "I want to go somewhere I've never been before."

I said, "Try the kitchen."

miroslav took the good one, but I had to get in on that.

I would think it unlikely that a microphone would be less able to cope with gunshot levels than our ears?

I was once stood behind 4 shooters popping off with .357 mag (full patch factory ammo) 45ACP, 9mm and a 3/8 special.

Just "to see"! I took off my deffs and the sounds were indeed very loud and after about 2 cracks from the .357 I quickly put them back on! That short exposure did me no harm (27yrs ago) AFAICT.

Dave.

I have filmed my wife and a few friends at the range (my wife can handle the .30-06 better than some of the guys I used to work with; she's a better shot, too) and it did no damage at all to the phone. Recorded from about 2 ft behind the right shoulder.

I have filmed my wife and a few friends at the range (my wife can handle the .30-06 better than some of the guys I used to work with; she's a better shot, too) and it did no damage at all to the phone. Recorded from about 2 ft behind the right shoulder.

Ha! I ran a "have a go" airifle range for our club at country fairs for 10 years and the ladies were ALWAYS better at it than most of the men!

They listen, have no ego and have a respect for the weapon but usually not great fear. They express terrific surprise and pleasure from the thwak! Of a 2ltr Coke bottle struck at 25mtrs as that seems an impossibly long way off to a noob!

Dave.

Back