What app did sufjan stevens use to record on carrie and lowell?

I wouldn't doubt if he's still using that same 8-track cassette recorder that he used for several other albums. He'd track on that thing, then dump the files to ProTools.

I wouldn't doubt if he's still using that same 8-track cassette recorder that he used for several other albums. He'd track on that thing, then dump the files to ProTools.

I read that he recorded one song in a hotel room on an iPhone and i wanna know what app and its android equivalent

This is too funny ...what App? He used the stock iphone memo recorder and built in iphone mic..... High Tech indeed.....

Proof positive that content trumps quality an awesome song recorded poorly is still an awesome song...a shit song recorded incredibly well in the best studio in the world with a gazillion dollars of equipment is still a shit song.

From the article here...

Dylan once told an interviewer that "the best way," "the truest way" to write a song was "just talking to somebody that ain't there." Carrie & Lowell is an almost impossibly faithful application of that writing advice: Stevens spends most of the album talking to and about his deceased mother Carrie, who gave up Sufjan and his siblings up when he was 1. She was an elusive figure in his life, struggling with depression and schizophrenia for years before dying of stomach cancer in 2012.

Stevens spends the album in search of his mother, who was absent in body yet present in his mind even while she lived. He invites the listener to share a complete intimacy with him — he sighs into the microphone; we can hear his hotel's air conditioning on iPhone memo tracks — and to seek alongside him a longed-for intimacy with his own absent mother. "This is not my art project," he told Pitchfork. "This is my life."

If he did it with the memo recorder app, then how did he overdub? The vocals are obviously doubled, as are the guitar parts on a lot of songs.

Back