It seems someone is an iPad freak

I really hope someone else joins this party. Looking like a one man show so far.

LOL Jimmy...Hey it's a 2 man party ....Explosive toys is on board too! What this party needs is some chicks! :D

I just decided to seed the thread so it can grow as it will, with or without me. I'm not long for this world ya know. By that I mean I could be gone today or in 30 or 40 years ..either way ..not long for this rodeo.

Right now I am really stoked by the toys within my iPad and I am interested in both sharing with, and learning from, how other monkeys round the world are making use of this powerful new bone to use as a tool (Think ...the opening scene of 2001 a space odyssey )

LOL Jimmy...Hey it's a 2 man party ....Explosive toys is on board too! What this party needs is some chicks! :D

I just decided to seed the thread so it can grow as it will, with or without me. I'm not long for this world ya know. By that I mean I could be gone today or in 30 or 40 years ..either way ..not long for this rodeo.

Right now I am really stoked by the toys within my iPad and I am interested in both sharing with, and learning from, how other monkeys round the world are making use of this powerful new bone to use as a tool (Think ...the opening scene of 2001 a space odyssey )

I wouldn't exactly say that I'm on board since I'll most likely never do any serious recording with an iPad, but I definitely see it as a viable option and recognize the potential for the technology. It's definitely not going to go away that's for sure! Sweetwater has a whole department devoted to it. There is so much that can be handled by the iPad now. You can mix and control your stage sound and lighting with one. I can control one of my Hughes and Kettner amps with one. If I were still on the road like I was when I was a much younger man I could definitely see myself making some quality recordings using the iPad and the hundreds of apps available for it. I support this section because I remember when I was young with very little money. I would have sold my soul for the chance to have the technology back then that is available today! LOL! :thumbs up:

I just noticed that we now have an iPad/tablet/phone recording Forum...???
I mean, I can see a thread or two about recording with an iPad or similar....but a whole forum devoted to it...?... guess someone was very optimistic! :p

That video is real funny! :D

Not sure if this next one tops it....but I always got a kick out of it.

Yeah, I see that.

You can't deny that it's a hot topic. ;)
There's a a whole bunch of threads, some from back in 2011, yet no more than 0, 1 or 2 posts in all but a couple of them....the winner is the one with well over 2k views, but only 8 posts. :(

Like I said...a whole forum devoted to this....?

I just noticed that we now have an iPad/tablet/phone recording Forum...???
I mean, I can see a thread or two about recording with an iPad or similar....but a whole forum devoted to it...?... guess someone was very optimistic! :p

That video is real funny! :D

Not sure if this next one tops it....but I always got a kick out of it.

That was funny! That is something my Dad would do. LOL!:laughings:

I wouldn't exactly say that I'm on board since I'll most likely never do any serious recording with an iPad
Nah you don't need to own or use and iPad to be on board just cognizant of the phenomenon and are pro rather than con having this new topic / thread.

It was an eye opener seeing the disdain and resistance some of the regulars here expressed when I suggested that the owners develop a section for iPads.

For better or worse Chater-la has given this topic a place and space here. The relevance goes far beyond just recording...

Oh, so this is a forum about how the Ipad will change the world? Smartshit already has. We now have a bunch of fucking zombies who can't wipe their asses without an app.

Oh, so this is a forum about how the Ipad will change the world? Smartshit already has. We now have a bunch of fucking zombies who can't wipe their asses without an app.
Who pissed in your Corn Flakes this morning?! LOL! People(Sheepeople) have been brain dead zombies since long before computers and iPads arrived on the scene. I'd personally like to see all TVs destroyed! :eatpopcorn:

It was an eye opener seeing the disdain and resistance some of the regulars here expressed when I suggested that the owners develop a section for iPads.

I don't think the disdain and resistance had anything to do with the iPad or similar devices. It's more about the reality check AFA how much member action this kind of forum would actually have.

Looking at it so far...it's mostly just you propping it up, and not much else...even going back to 2011.

Personally, I don't see what's so special about it....other than the excitement using a small, app-driven device to record.
I mean...there's nothing that's going to lift/improve recording. IOW....what's the real thrust here....recording music or being able to say you did it on an iPad/phone...?
I mean...does using an iPad/phone actually add anything to the mix.....does it somehow make the recording better or more interesting....or is the focus more about using the device, and not so much about the recording of music?

Don't own an iPad but when I looked the RME UFX's 'class compliant, running a multi-track remote on something even more compact than a laptop, was enticing.
Hadn't given it another thought since stumbling in here. :>)

I bought mine so that I could record remotely on my upstairs office daw from my larger downstairs living room space using Teamviewer screen sharing.

But I can see myself eventually getting an interface and then just sharing tracks.

How's this new board panning out....?

I hope I'm wrong about saying it wasn't needed? I hope some one can find the time to let me know amidst the flurry of new activity...?

Not worry if you'all are too busy...

I understand.

:eatpopcorn:

How's this new board panning out....?

I hope I'm wrong about saying it wasn't needed? I hope some one can find the time to let me know amidst the flurry of new activity...?

Not worry if you'all are too busy...

I understand.

:eatpopcorn:

Yeah this section is all of 3 days old so surely the whole worldwide community of iPad musicians knows of it by now, yet no one has posted anything of relevance here.........clearly a waste of precious space on this BBS... They were fools to take my suggestion to heart...

YOU LOSE BUCKWHEAT! :laughings:

Nah you don't need to own or use and iPad to be on board just cognizant of the phenomenon and are pro rather than con having this new topic / thread.

For better or worse Chater-la has given this topic a place and space here. The relevance goes far beyond just recording...

Ok.....I'm jumping in here just to say this. I'm sure we're all aware of the "phenomenon". Who wouldn't be? Then......I think.........you outlined the core of the debate about all this when you said........"The relevance goes far beyond recording". Yes.......I'm sure we all agree to that too.........but my question is.......just what IS it's true relevance to recording? Not saying there's none. But right now.........the popularity of the iPad and the current craze among the general public for it's many other unique and cool uses has little to do with it's recording capabilities. I think we'd all have to agree to that. So....my point is......just because the iPad is wildly popular.......is not in itself a testament to it's recording capabilities. And yet somehow.......it sort of feels like the argument for the iPad as a top tier recording tool for musicians........is centered around the theory that it must be so.......because the iPad is so popular. No disdain......Just my 2 cents.

Back