Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: It seems someone is an iPad freak

Thanks

It seems someone is an iPad freak

Sign in to disable this ad
    I really hope someone else joins this party. Looking like a one man show so far.
    PC Win10-64-24G i7-4790k/Cubase 10 Pro 64-bit/2-Steinberg UR824's/ADAM A7x/Event TR8/SS Trigger Plat Deluxe/Melodyne 5 Studio/Other things that don't mean anything if a client shows up not knowing what it wants.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmys69 View Post
    I really hope someone else joins this party. Looking like a one man show so far.
    LOL Jimmy...Hey it's a 2 man party ....Explosive toys is on board too! What this party needs is some chicks!

I just decided to seed the thread so it can grow as it will, with or without me. I'm not long for this world ya know. By that I mean I could be gone today or in 30 or 40 years ..either way ..not long for this rodeo.

Right now I am really stoked by the toys within my iPad and I am interested in both sharing with, and learning from, how other monkeys round the world are making use of this powerful new bone to use as a tool (Think ...the opening scene of 2001 a space odyssey )

Tomco Audio Electric ( TAE )

Creating audible vibrations to stimulate and entertain mankind and other small cave dwelling furry animals.

"The secret to a long life is to live a long time" .... "You can quote me on that" TAE

Thanks
    PC Win10-64-24G i7-4790k/Cubase 10 Pro 64-bit/2-Steinberg UR824's/ADAM A7x/Event TR8/SS Trigger Plat Deluxe/Melodyne 5 Studio/Other things that don't mean anything if a client shows up not knowing what it wants.

Thanks

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bouldersoundguy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TAE View Post
    LOL Jimmy...Hey it's a 2 man party ....Explosive toys is on board too! What this party needs is some chicks!

I just decided to seed the thread so it can grow as it will, with or without me. I'm not long for this world ya know. By that I mean I could be gone today or in 30 or 40 years ..either way ..not long for this rodeo.

Right now I am really stoked by the toys within my iPad and I am interested in both sharing with, and learning from, how other monkeys round the world are making use of this powerful new bone to use as a tool (Think ...the opening scene of 2001 a space odyssey )

I wouldn't exactly say that I'm on board since I'll most likely never do any serious recording with an iPad, but I definitely see it as a viable option and recognize the potential for the technology. It's definitely not going to go away that's for sure! Sweetwater has a whole department devoted to it. There is so much that can be handled by the iPad now. You can mix and control your stage sound and lighting with one. I can control one of my Hughes and Kettner amps with one. If I were still on the road like I was when I was a much younger man I could definitely see myself making some quality recordings using the iPad and the hundreds of apps available for it. I support this section because I remember when I was young with very little money. I would have sold my soul for the chance to have the technology back then that is available today! LOL!
    XploZiveToyz
    "Remember: Children should never be allowed to play with XploZiveToyz!"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,026 Times in 890 Posts
    I just noticed that we now have an iPad/tablet/phone recording Forum...???
    I mean, I can see a thread or two about recording with an iPad or similar....but a whole forum devoted to it...?... guess someone was very optimistic!

That video is real funny!

Not sure if this next one tops it....but I always got a kick out of it.

Thanks
    This goofy hippie is just desperate to have his forum idea pan out, so he trolls it himself.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,026 Times in 890 Posts
    Yeah, I see that.

You can't deny that it's a hot topic.
    There's a a whole bunch of threads, some from back in 2011, yet no more than 0, 1 or 2 posts in all but a couple of them....the winner is the one with well over 2k views, but only 8 posts.

Like I said...a whole forum devoted to this....?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by miroslav View Post
    I just noticed that we now have an iPad/tablet/phone recording Forum...???
    I mean, I can see a thread or two about recording with an iPad or similar....but a whole forum devoted to it...?... guess someone was very optimistic!

That video is real funny!

Not sure if this next one tops it....but I always got a kick out of it.

That was funny! That is something my Dad would do. LOL!
    XploZiveToyz
    "Remember: Children should never be allowed to play with XploZiveToyz!"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by XploZiveToyz View Post
    I wouldn't exactly say that I'm on board since I'll most likely never do any serious recording with an iPad
    Nah you don't need to own or use and iPad to be on board just cognizant of the phenomenon and are pro rather than con having this new topic / thread.

It was an eye opener seeing the disdain and resistance some of the regulars here expressed when I suggested that the owners develop a section for iPads.

For better or worse Chater-la has given this topic a place and space here. The relevance goes far beyond just recording...
    Tomco Audio Electric ( TAE )

Creating audible vibrations to stimulate and entertain mankind and other small cave dwelling furry animals.

"The secret to a long life is to live a long time" .... "You can quote me on that" TAE

Thread Information