It seems someone is an iPad freak

Yo Mickster..

Just to be clear ......what you quoted is about being on board or not on board with having a iPad section here at HR.com, not that iPads are a top tier recording device...

I had suggested to the owners to put an iPad section on HR.com...I was surprised by the resistance..oddly one of the complaints was that it would draw in a bunch of know nothing rookie noobs to Hr.com...oh the horror :cursing:

Though this is HOME RECORDING .COM Most of the people that participate here are not studio owners doing recording full time...conversely they are musicians trying to figure out how to make decent recordings of their tunes...for most of us, on the cheap cause we aren't rolling in the dough. We talk about a lot of things here that are not directly tied to recording...singing, song writing, marketing, video making, Guitars and Basses, Drums, Ableton etc...

The ipad is a very cool tool for musicians to use..... as a wireless controller, an effects processor, a sound module, a vst host and yes even as a ( be it ever so limited) recording device. IMO the iPad is a very relevant topic to be discussed here at HR.com...some here "passionately" :laughings: disagree and believe it isn't..

The owners decided to give the iPad a place and space here. Some people appear to have a monkeys red ass over the fact that they chose to do so...

As the French so befittingly say, C'est la vie

I'm not sure, but I believe that is in fact a baboon, not a monkey. Not sure, but I don't think they are the same species. LOL!

Being just a dumb radio guy producing weekly prerecorded broadcast shows, I've used my (now aging) iPad2 for some interviews. In its most abstract sense, an iPad with something like Twisted Wave is just another digital recorder, but more expensive and needing adapters to work. My Zoom recorder for under $200 is much more useful as-is.

But, with a USB adapter, the iPod does OK with a USB mic. With an XLR adapter, I can use some of my favorite mics, like my ElectroVoice 635A.

I also can plug in a Tascam mic that is the same as found on their standalone recorded. They are cheap now that Apple has change the connections on newer units.

And, of course, when you are not using it for recording (with no fan or HD noise!), you can use it as, uh, an iPad.

Looks like you've already done 4 pages worth of objecting....musta' been a slow day in the Cave. :laughings:

https://homerecording.com/bbs/gener...ndroid/new-category-user-forums-brand-374311/

Now post your "last word" last word......

Yeah this section is all of 3 days old so surely the whole worldwide community of iPad musicians knows of it by now, yet no one has posted anything of relevance here.........clearly a waste of precious space on this BBS... They were fools to take my suggestion to heart...

YOU LOSE BUCKWHEAT! :laughings:

lol... you two need to go back and read what I said.

Variously.... Ipads are cool... they are ok for some stuff.... they are pretty handy.... they are not special.... we don't need a separate board fro them here...we have too many boards already.... we need to reduce the number of boards not increase them.... it will just be a TAE focused "I love my Ipad" board... TAE is the new miroslave he also must have his way and the last word....... I really couldn't give a fuck...

Now tell me which of those statements is incorrect...

This is the best thread in this board and it will be for a while yet....:laughings:

:eatpopcorn:

Variously.... Ipads are cool... they are ok for some stuff.... they are pretty handy.... they are not special.... we don't need a separate board fro them here...we have too many boards already.... we need to reduce the number of boards not increase them!

Vote for Muttley! :laughings:

You know what...

I think I'm gonna try for the last word in this thread..... Lets see what you two bone chewing dogs are about...:laughings:

:eatpopcorn:

....and the award for HR's Most Antagonistic Prick goes to muttley600

You should get bonus points for being boring as well.

Reactions: TAE
Back