Rode ixy-I?

mesaboogie5050

So, what I've been doing for acoustic demo's on the go, is plugging my Zoom h4n into my iPad. It's a lot of stuff to carry around. To get the digital signal, I have to plug the zoom h4n, with the line out going into the iRig with a 1/4 adapter. It allows me to record digital instead of analog and sounds amazing. But again, it's a lot of stuff to hook up. When I come up with a riff I want to just go with it.

So, I ordered the Rode iXy-I. I have an iPad mini 3 and an iPhone 6 Plus. It has not came in yet, but it comes in tomorrow.

After ordering, I read that certain options are only available using the rode app? Has anyone used it with garageband?

Also, can anyone confirm that it fits on the iPhone 6 plus well? If it doesn't, I will have to use a lightning extension cable.

They come two ways with the 30 pin or lightning as long as you ordered the Rode ixy with lightning you're golden...

had not seen this device but damn cool ....

It's an iMazing world

Got mine today. I tried it out, the quality is amazing. It actually sounds better on my acoustic guitar than the Zoom h4n. It sounds about the same, except there seems to be a major noise floor on the Zoom h4n, I'm talking about recording straight to the card, not the iPad too.

The h4n sounds like the ixy, except theres all this white noise from the noise floor.

The ixy does not have any of that, even recording at the same volumes.

It can mic electric guitar as well to remember riffs. You can put it up to an amp, or studio monitors, and it records them very well. I did not expect it to record the studio monitors as well as it did.

It also does work on video mode on iPad. So video's have a higher quality audio.

I can't see myself ever going back to the h4n now. The only problem I have with this, is it doesn't fit on either the phone or the iPad with a case on. Even with the alternate bracket. It's not bad to have to take the iPad out of the case, but it would have been nice if I didn't have to do that every time.

Check out this iPad case.... You can cut away the part where The Rode attaches and the iPad is still protected...

I realized they are quite modifiable when I needed to make a mini audio jack that went to 1/4" fit with the case on... Just carved away and it is still way protected.. Sure you can do the same with the Rode..

71WSP0VdSmL._SX522_.jpg

Back